Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did ye work in while doing the Leaving Cert ?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Ok well this summer I have been so bored as all of my friends have been out working. I am actually bored sh1tless. Even looking forward to cracking on with the Leaving.

However I am in reciept of a Social Welfare payment which means ill get €180 odd for nothing regardless whether Im in school. btw its not the dole Im only 17.

So will I be bored throughout the year when all my friends will be working and in school ? (some have apprenticeships)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't quite get you, you say you're looking forward to doing the Leaving but you're wondering if you'll be bored while your friends are in school? Won't you be in school when they're in school?

I ask because it does make a difference, school is practically like a job in itself in that you're doing something from 8am - 5pm and only have a few hours to yourself at night. If you are attending school then you won't find it hard to occupy yourself for those few hours. Weekends shouldn't be a problem, unless all your friends work horrible hours you should always be able to find a friend or two and figure out what to do with that €180 each week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I worked at the weekend during my LC year. Only worked on sundays in the final 2 months though. Its meant I now have savings i can use at college for what i want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

I don't quite get you, you say you're looking forward to doing the Leaving but you're wondering if you'll be bored while your friends are in school? Won't you be in school when they're in school?

I ask because it does make a difference, school is practically like a job in itself in that you're doing something from 8am - 5pm and only have a few hours to yourself at night. If you are attending school then you won't find it hard to occupy yourself for those few hours. Weekends shouldn't be a problem, unless all your friends work horrible hours you should always be able to find a friend or two and figure out what to do with that €180 each week :)

In one hand out the other ... got a car though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I worked up till Christmas. I always thought I'd keep working, but it was way more beneficial to me to quit working and study during the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sallyally

i wud not recommend it i found da leavn cert sooooo stressfull i know i personally never wud have coped! but i guess everyones different

• Advertisement
Advertisement