Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this worth it?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Just saw this upgrade kit on peats,

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/test_new/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=22204

wondering if anyone has any opinions on the mobo and processor?????

Currently running an old dell which i could probably salvage some other parts from (i.e network card, hard drive, cd-rw,own copy of xp) to hook up to the kit.

would only need case then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The processor will not play the latest games, Well it will with a new pcie graphics card, but it will be a huge bottleneck. But for 99€ its not a bad deal. As long as it is significantly better then what you currently have.

It really depends on what you will be using the pc for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Don't forget about RAM!

If you're not interested in gaming, this will make for a perfect economical desktop pc. the 3200+ is a great chip, just make sure you stick with xp. It won't like vista at all.

Also, I would reccommend dabs.ie or komplett.ie over peats. Their prices tend to be much better, and both have excellent support records

Advertisement