Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion Advice Needed

• 21-08-2007 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this post is long winded butI need a bit of advice. Firstly I want to dye my hair, but not just any dye: I want to have like a rainbow hairstyle. I'm thinking 8 colours max but how would I get this done?

I'm also looking for UGG boots for men to wear with a pair of beige leather pants. Anybody got ideas on where I could get these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

DarkJager wrote:
    I'm looking for UGG boots for men

What?! Ugg boots for men?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah. I've heard they're a new design?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

And a rainbow hairstyle? Will you cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

something like this ?

ugg.jpg

I don't see whats so odd about that? I have an individual style that I like.

• Advertisement

Since this is the fashion advice forum, my advice is as follows:

Rainbow Hair? No.

Ugg Boots? No.

Ugg Boots for "Men"??? NO

Leather Pants? No

BEIGE Leather Pants? DEAR GOD NO. :eek:

LMFAO @ "Fluffy Momma Boots" !!! :D

That is all.

I find leather pants to be quite comfortable, as I've spent 4 years as a biker. I don't see whats so wrong with my request?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

what team do you bat for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

The only problem with the beige leather pants and the ugg boots is that they could be quite hard to keep clean over on the beer guts and receeding hairline forum's bar!

I'd suggest going for black leather pants and maybe some wellies(handy wipe clean material).... :D

cunnins4 wrote:
    what team do you bat for?

Yore ma's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

hey guys

i dont think its fair that u dog darkjager for his personal taste.. i happen to know that male ugg boots are very popular in northern italy.. i spent three months there in 2006..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Man I don't have the best of fashion style but brown leather pants and fluffy boots seriously that individualism gone wrong.

As for the hair that many colours will be hard to do practically impossible as the dyes would run into one another or would just take so many weeks to do with bleaching setting one dye then repeating 8 times.

2-3 colours at most would be do-able two tone can look good and you could do it yourself.

I've got pretty long hair, so 8 shouldn't be a problem. Realistically how long would 8 different colours take to set?

*cm* wrote:
    i happen to know that male ugg boots are very popular in northern italy..

There are very few similarities between Ireland and Northern Italy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

DarkJager wrote:
    Yore ma's :D

touché

So will anybody give me a straight answer to my questions?

mcauley wrote:
    There are very few similarities between Ireland and Northern Italy?

italy and ireland
    the simalarities
    1. They both begin with i
    2. They are both north and south
    3. the euro dollar
    4. they are playing rugby on friday
    5. we both have the same flag(ish) (tricolor)
    6. both countries emigrated to the us in great numbers
    7. two of the most well renowned bad language users in the world
    8. and in both countries are men demanding ugg boots!!

I thought I had done so.....

Lets be honest, nobody here is gonna give an answer from personal experience.

Chances of finding another rainbow haired / leather pants (beige) clad / ugg boots wearing boardsie are???? Slim??? Less than slim???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Right, ignorning the leather pants and ugg boots fiasco!

In terms of the hair, it is possible but a pain to do...you would need to bleach the clumps of hair that you are going to colour with your rainbow style and then dye this the particular colour you want...kinda like the look of the horse in the rainbow brite... http://www.mystiesplace.com/pages/rainbow/brite.html

In terms of time the bleach would prob need to be on about 30-40 minutes depending on how dark your hair is and then prob near the same time for the colours but these can be done together if seperated by tinfoil for each section. I'd say it would cost a fortune, not to mind that it would wreak your hair and look pretty silly.

*cm* wrote:
    italy and ireland
    the simalarities...

I stand corrected. . . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well I suppose that a risk I take with my style.

Edit: Thanks boffin. But what is so wrong with the UGG boots? Are they eclusive to women even though a male version is now available??

DarkJager wrote:
    Well I suppose that a risk I take with my style.

To name but one, yes

Is that a veiled threat?? You don't seem very helpful...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pics of before and after.
    What does tupac think?

If tupac were alive today, he'd be wearing UGG. ;)

I'd have thought the opposite, that my advice is infact quite helpful, saving you from this idea.

Where did you get the idea for this 'look' do you mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

mcauley wrote:
    I'd have thought the opposite, that my advice is infact quite helpful, saving you from this idea.

Where did you get the idea for this 'look' do you mind me asking?

Rainbow brite....

Its something that occured naturally. My current style is bandanas and tanktops. I want something a bit more...gangsta...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Try...a suit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You should be able to get the boots and pants in any Big Momma store as they cater for bigger size women and they should fit you. The only problem I see is with the colouring, might be hard to get beige but if you pick up a pair of brown or black leathers and leave them hanging outside for a week or 2 they should fade into a beige colour. As for the hair, I don't know. You could try filling a load of water balloons with different colour hair dye and have people throw them at you!

No, too restricting. I hate clothes that cover my arms or the upper half of my chest...

I'm sorry but I actually dont believe you are posting seriously.

I am very serious about this, and don't see why you would see this as a joke. You don't seem to be taking this seriously???!!!

It appears this is perfect for you. Just add some uggs.
    mc_hammer.jpg

How can leather pants, men uggs and rainbow hair ever possibly be taken seriously, by ANYONE for that matter?

I also dont understand how you could find male uggs and leather pants to be "gangsta" as you put it.

• Advertisement

Oh now.....wait a second. Just because YOU don't like leather pants, Uggs and rainbow hair doesn't give you the right to criticise me.

Would you be willing to shorten your hair to get the rainbow effect?
    This looks really good.

rainbow_hair.jpg

Yes, I want the effect to look..flamboyant yet gangsta..

hmm, I think the hair in the pic is more punk than gangsta (maybe it's the ear rings), but maybe the ugg boots would prob give it a more gangsta than punk look. Uggs and punk is not something you see everyday so I think you could be ok. Hard to say really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

jester77 wrote:
    hmm, I think the hair in the pic is more punk than gangsta (maybe it's the ear rings), but maybe the ugg boots would prob give it a more gangsta than punk look. Uggs and punk is not something you see everyday so I think you could be ok. Hard to say really!

Gangsta Punk ! A new fashion trend !

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:
    Yes, I want the effect to look..flamboyant yet gangsta..

that look is totally possible.. i think the word is pimped.. i once knew a guy from downtown shanghai who made ugg boots for men.. his business thrived untill recently when he died.. i hear his boots now fetch upwards of €500 on ebay.. if i can find some ill post a link.. as for the people who dont think your style is cool isay ignore them it probably celia holman lee or someone like that who has no style.. or bingo style as i like to call it..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

ahhhhahahahahaha

*cm* wrote:
    that look is totally possible.. i think the word is pimped.. i once knew a guy from downtown shanghai who made ugg boots for men.. his business thrived untill recently when he died.. i hear his boots now fetch upwards of €500 on ebay.. if i can find some ill post a link.. as for the people who dont think your style is cool isay ignore them it probably celia holman lee or someone like that who has no style.. or bingo style as i like to call it..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think you are taking the piss out of the OP, so he might have an indvidual style but fair play to him. At least he's not walking around looking like a drone... oh and ugg boots for men are big business, you should try them. Not only do they look great but they are just so comfortable to wear... and so soft to touch :o It's just typical Ireland being 2 years behind the rest of the world, just wait and see, you'll be wearing a pair around xmas '08!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

mcauley wrote:
    Since this is the fashion advice forum, my advice is as follows:

Rainbow Hair? No.

Ugg Boots? No.

Ugg Boots for "Men"??? NO

Leather Pants? No

BEIGE Leather Pants? DEAR GOD NO. :eek:

LMFAO @ "Fluffy Momma Boots" !!! :D

That is all.

Advice seconded!
    I really fail to see how this coveted look is going to work darkjager but I'm open to being proved wrong! Please post pics!!! :D

I will post pics as soon as the outfit and hairdye is complete. It will be a masterclass in gangsta styling, outlandish yet dangerous.....

DarkJager wrote:
    outlandish yet dangerous.....

dangerous yet outlandish

that is so awesome..

Excllent stuff. I'm thinking of throwing a white trenchcoat over it to complete the look. Adding it all up, it will probably cost about 4 -500 euro but it will be worth it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

DarkJager wrote:
    Excllent stuff. I'm thinking of throwing a white trenchcoat over it to complete the look. Adding it all up, it will probably cost about 4 -500 euro but it will be worth it...

Ah you will look only fab!!! New fashion in Ireland!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

OP, Uggs are so yesterdays news... You need crocs! You can 'pimp' them up with stickers, and get them in all the colours of the rainbow! to match your hair!
    They also look the sh1t with leather pants...

seriously.. this is the way to go...

and if you want to make them yourself, they would cost less than a euro.

crocs.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement