Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for reporting a insulting post in the personal forum

Options
  • 21-08-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

can somebody explain to me why i am banned from personal after reporting a bad post...

i thought it was the person who does the insulting gets banned,
    doesn't one get an explanation or warning when the are banned.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Did you msg one of the forum's mods?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it was how you did it rather than what you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You weren't banned for reporting the post, you were banned for being uberpedantic and off topic on thread after being instructed not to, in actuality to "Leave the moderating to the mods of the forum" or something to that effect.

Beruthiel is the mod who banned you.

edit:
    see as a mod you can take action...i know you wont because i highlighted it

What kind of smartarsed behaviour is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You weren't banned for reporting the post, you were banned for being uberpedantic and off topic on thread after being instructed not to, in actuality to "Leave the moderating to the mods of the forum" or something to that effect.

Beruthiel is the mod who banned you.
    Edit: What 'e said.

And:
    Did you PM the moderator? (You've been banned enough times before - I"m sure you know how to check.)
    Could you link the the thread in question?
    Where are the cats?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53802583&postcount=16

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

can somebody explain to me why i am banned from personal after reporting a bad post...

i thought it was the person who does the insulting gets banned,
    doesn't one get an explanation or warning when the are banned.

I sent you a PM 10 seconds after banning you, which according to Boards tracking messages, you read, so you know exactly why you were banned and it had nothing to do with the title of this thread and everything to do with your pedantic, off topic, smartassed behaviour.

/edit
    the thread in question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

tbh the ban was earned, I dont know why you're on here bitching about it after condescending way you spoke to the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The moderators are drunk on power, this is a disgrace. I'm personally both shocked and appalled. The corruption of the moderators (those mystical winged, half man, half bull creators that they are) never fails to amaze and astonish my cold, dead, heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Boston wrote:
    The moderators are drunk on power, this is a disgrace. I'm personally both shocked and appalled. The corruption of the moderators (those mystical winged, half man, half bull creators that they are) never fails to amaze and astonish my cold, dead, heart.

potm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Boston wrote:

so so true....that is why this forum is gone to siht,

and sure now i get banned for explaining simple English to them:rolleyes:

Internet hard men/women... they would be dangerous if the had lives in the real world...
    although, i take that back. i bet they are the idiots who everybody used to poke fun at in school, getting their own back...... wow, what a revenge, i bet it was worth waiting for mods.

aw ****, i suppose this comes with age.... but i feel sorry for them now, never used to in school, ah well

tallus wrote:
    tbh the ban was earned,.

you right, in future i will leave the mode use words that don't make sense in the context they are used. :D :rolleyes: :D ....

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    I sent you a PM 10 seconds after banning you, which according to Boards tracking messages, you read, so you know exactly why you were banned and it had nothing to do with the title of this thread and everything to do with your pedantic, off topic, smartassed behaviour.

ohoh.... check you timing my friend. look when i posted this post and when you banned me....

10seconds..... are you using you sand and glass watch again,

ye don't need any help in making yourselves look like idiots.
    keep up the good work lads

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes - Beru: Internet Hard Man. Quite right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Who's picking on Beru? I have cat pictures that will give you nightmares for years. Dont make me bring that **** out. On your own head be it, stupid name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

\m/_(>_<)_\m/ being a pain in the arse and obnoxious wow like that has never happened before.

Maybe the PI forum should have a 3 strike policy.

You're one to talk about english grammar alright, given that you mutilate it horribly every time you click submit:rolleyes:

Even leaving that aside, your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

We've gone from a thread about your supposed ban for posting a report, to your crusade about the vagaries of english dialogue, skirting around your obvious off-topic posting and your blatant breach of the PI charter (which isn't there to please the mods, despite what you might think).

Truth be told, you're just arguing for the sake of it, and have lost your train of thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I R Internet Hard Man, This Is My Angry Face :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another poster disillusioned with mods? Oh no, what is to be done. We should all be sent on the same maturity course that <()<(>)<*____)(<()(<)(<(* (or whatever his name is) completed.

Thaedydal wrote:
    \m/_(>_<)_\m/ being a pain in the arse and obnoxious wow like that has never happened before.

Maybe the PI forum should have a 3 strike policy.

oh do run along,

ye are all like moaning, whining bitches....
    get a ****ing real life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

so so true....that is why this forum is gone to siht,

and sure now i get banned for explaining simple English to them:rolleyes:

Internet hard men/women... they would be dangerous if the had lives in the real world...
    although, i take that back. i bet they are the idiots who everybody used to poke fun at in school, getting their own back...... wow, what a revenge, i bet it was worth waiting for mods.

aw ****, i suppose this comes with age.... but i feel sorry for them now, never used to in school, ah well

Yes, that must be it! There is obviously no other explanation.

Whatever makes you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

5starpool wrote:
    that <()<(>)<*____)(<()(<)(<(* (or whatever his name is) completed.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

OP started this thread thinking he was banned for one reason and has now had it explained that it was for a different reason, case closed?

Like you and your moaning on PI, and now here, oh, and your multiple bans that you don't care about, but yet muster up the apathy to start threads about.

Ireland is still rearing them, folks.

You're one to talk about english grammar alright, given that you mutilate it horribly every time you click submit:rolleyes:

that would be a English

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That would be "That", and, of course, an "an".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

oh do run along,

get a ****ing real life

Says the guy who does more whining and bitching about mods than most people. Honestly, are you jealous or do you just like fighting authority figures? What is it?

Why are you still here anyway, all you do is moan and bitch? Find another forum that allows you to stray off-topic as often as you want. No-one is forcing you to post here.

ah jazzzzzzzzzzus ladies.....

come out and fight the 15 of us ya coward.
    surly one of all of ye has a valid comment, come on even one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Kill the pig,
    Cut his throat,
    Bash him in!

</sarcasm>

Chill pill all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

oh do run along,

get a ****ing real life

There only seems to be one whining moaning bitch in this thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

\m/_(>_<)_\m/ you dont appear in general to be an idiot. Do you see why you were banned and understand? Just walk away before you are made to look worse.

• Advertisement

But we r teh Intarweb hard men R3nu4l! Force is all we understand.

Advertisement