Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for reporting a insulting post in the personal forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Terry wrote:
    It's a variation of "Tool".

Have a read back through that insult thread you are so fond of.
    You may see it there.

Sigh..... a respected user asks a polite question and this is the response.

Dear me...dear me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

dudara wrote:
    Hmph - I haven't banned anyone in a while. Come on some idiot... said the PI spider

I'm thinking back over the glory days - my Top 10 bans

OMG :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was about to sympathesise with wotshisname squiggle until i read some of his other posts! Im confused as to what the the site ban was for tho? He acts the muppet fair enough but is it site ban worthy? Maybe i havent seen some of his more offensive material.

I may as well be the first to praise MrBaseball over his completely constructive and non condensending post in the PI thread in question.

godkills.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

faceman wrote:
    Maybe i havent seen some of his more offensive material.

Squiggly didn't just turn up yesterday, he's caused no end of trouble across this site many a time, I presume this was the straw that broke Ecksor's back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Beruthiel wrote:
    Squiggly didn't just turn up yesterday, he's caused no end of trouble across this site many a time, I presume this was the straw that broke Ecksor's back.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Could you please define a "spanner" I am pretty sure I am not a shiller or a spammer,but not sure on "spanner".

I have heard "spanner" mentioned in my company.:confused:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/292200.html
    Put a spanner in the works

Meaning :
    Deliberately causing mayhem.

Not all my comments on feedback are about knobs Terry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

togster wrote:
    You guys are a great laugh. Ever think the "fight the power" thing might come from discussing banning league tables?? We all have a part to play in it.

no, but then again i also dont think that rape victims who wore skirts 'were asking for it' either....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

no, but then again i also dont think that rape victims who wore skirts 'were asking for it' either....

Well thank god you're not my lawyer.

Beruthiel wrote:

actually just stumbled on more of his posts, dont know why he wasnt rid of earlier!

Thaedydal wrote:
    http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/292200.html

Not all my comments on feedback are about knobs Terry :D

Thanks for that Mr. Thae. I'm relieved to know I don't fall into any of the siteban categories.

Bookmarked that site you linked to too... thanks again for your trouble.

FB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

togster wrote:
    OMG :rolleyes:
    Ah you're not taking the ban-list banter seriously are you??

And do what faceman did. Have a look around at some other stuff the banned person in question wrote. His posts are downright nasty and malicious.

Dudess wrote:
    Ah you're not taking the ban-list banter seriously are you??

And do what faceman did. Have a look around at some other stuff the banned person in question wrote. His posts are downright nasty and malicious.

Hold on i never said i disageed with banning the OP. I have had issues with him on boards before too. He posts to create a fuss.

As for the ban-list "banter". No i don't take it serious. But did you ever wonder where the "fight the power" mentalitiy originated from? All i said was that discussing such things as ban league tables accetuates the underlying problem. So mods have a part responsibility for the problem.

Its like a teacher at school sitting around the coffee machine at lunchtime discussing detention time.
    A student overhears, word spreads and students really dislike her. Granted the detentions were warranted but by talking and gloating about it the teacher has made the problem worse.

Mods have a similar position of authority on boards.

Brilliant debating skills there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

togster wrote:
    So mods have a part responsibility for the problem.
    What problem? The only problem that I know of around these here parts is that there are a number of annoying, whiney-assed posters who continually go with the whole "Fight the POWAH!"/"Mods are Nazis!" malarky for no other reason than they are not a mod or just like whingeing & increasing their postcount but at the end of the day contribute fcuk-all to boards.

Mods are people too you know. (Apart from Ruu that is.)

Hill Billy wrote:
    What problem? The only problem that I know of around these here parts is that there are a number of annoying, whiney-assed posters who continually go with the whole "Fight the POWAH!"/"Mods are Nazis!" malarky for no other reason than they are not a mod or just like whingeing & increasing their postcount but at the end of the day contribute fcuk-all to boards.

Mods are people too you know. (Apart from Ruu that is.)

Just like anything, it only takes a few situations of bad moderation to give people a sour taste.

I know what you're saying, but consider the amount of bad "posteration" (for want of a better word) & it pales into insignificance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The 'fight the powah' mentality has been around long before the banlist. Mainly I think it comes from people taking boards far too seriously and when they get banned they see it as some kind of injury to them or a personal insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Always thought that was Dahamsters trolly rolly smolly account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I wish it was, he was great. Just like yourself.

oh wai

Hill Billy wrote:
    I know what you're saying, but consider the amount of bad "posteration" (for want of a better word) & it pales into insignificance.

yes but a moderator is a moderator for a reason. One of their ordeous tasks is filtering the good from the bad and exercising educated judgement on more borderline cases.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:
    yes but a moderator is a moderator for a reason. One of their ordeous tasks is filtering the good from the bad and exercising educated judgement on more borderline cases.
    faceman - Like with all things you get some good & some bad.

My original point remains the same - most of the Mod-bashers have nothing better to do than mouth off about allegedly power-crazy mods. I respect any poster who comes on here with valid complaint about a mod or some aspect of moderation that needs addressing or at least some level of debate.

It is the consumate sh1t-stirring whingers who hop on the mod-bashing band wagon that I have no time for. They should give them a moderator-free New-World-Order-Lizard-Mod-Illuminati-Conspiracy-Theory forum that they can use to vent their spleen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hill Billy wrote:
    They should give them a moderator-free New-World-Order-Lizard-Mod-Illuminati-Conspiracy-Theory forum that they can use to vent their spleen.
    Or just stick with the cat pictures. It seems to piss them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Far too much bandwidth has been expended on this - and multiple cat pictures, often times, appear not to get the message across.

If I may be so presumptuous as to make a suggestion, other Forums have since devised much more advanced weaponry for grave 'Fight teh powah' cases, (reportedly, some even capable of collateral damage - "can be heard on forums up to six servers away", so to be used with extreme care) which may at times come handy.

Yours amicably, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Six pages of this crap, very impressive. I must come in here more often... no wait..

Dass Royattt

even-read-the-epilogue.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

faceman wrote:
    even-read-the-epilogue.jpg

LOL Faceman whipped!

Still better that than what happened Agent Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm really drunk and **** and this thread rules. I'm also really charming right now.
    Check this out:
    Beruthial wrote:
    I'll bet you are going to massage hs back until it's better.

See.
    Told you I was charming.
    I'm gonna be embarassed about this when I sober up, but I don;'t care now.

LOL Faceman whipped!

Still better that than what happened Agent Smith.

i was wonderin what your post was about until now! The image worked fine for me until this am! Odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Today 09:36
    Terry

I'm really drunk

A bit early, no? :p

Advertisement