Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fortune tellers in galway

Options
  • 21-08-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

has anyone ever went to the fortune teller her names hilary and shes based in the city centre......or is there anybody else who is good to go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I predict you are about to waste some money...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I predict you are about to waste some money...
    And you did it for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

majiktripp wrote:
    And you did it for free!

I predict an invoice in the post :D

OP: No, but i've seen a few of them in camper van's on the prom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Madame Brigit

Sexy and correct. You'll find her beside the Ulster Bank pass machines

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For merely the price of a few pints I can tell you a lot of (un)interesting stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

kevmy wrote:
    Madame Brigit

:D +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

They want me to adknowledge. a Peter, P, something with a P i'm getting a Puh a puh sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Madame Brigit bought the franchise from Nora! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

How on earth could anybody believe in fortune telling? How could you be that retarded...seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use the magic 8 ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

veva style wrote:
    has anyone ever went to the fortune teller her names hilary and shes based in the city centre......or is there anybody else who is good to go to?

OP, honestly??? Wasting your time and money.Im sure you have heard from so and so(maybe even close friends or even family) "oh this one is great he/she told me this...that etc.
    Its a crock of sh1te in all fairness,its there for people in vulnerable situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Madame Bridget. A *master* palm reader.
    Sits near Supermacs Eyresquare with her cardboard info-advertisement - atleast last time I saw. Mind, it might be wise getting some shots beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

kevmy wrote:
    Madame Brigit

Hahaha!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 elmo33

veva style wrote: »
    Yes, I've gone to a few Fortune Tellers - and they've all been rubbish - one of which was Hillary - here's some to avoid:
    - Hillary Fortune in the Eyre Square Shoping Centre
    - Tea leaf lady in knocknacarra
    - Madame Lisa that comes to the Clybaun in Galway
    - Some other lady in Ennis - she does it from her house in some housing estate in Ennis.

In case you are unsure - Madame Bridgit that the speak of is a poor old lady who reads fortunes beside the imperial hotel in Eyre Square, and has done for decades - she doesn't have a gift unfortunately the poor woman is sat there feeding her husbands alcohol problem while he drinks away all her money in the Imperial Hotel.

Hope this helps you. If you hear of any good ones please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I have been to her (hilary) twice. The first time i thought she was good. For someone i never met before she knew alot about me. Though that can be read from body language and what not. When it came to predicting my future, she was fairly useless. She did say i was lucky and i should play the lotto. Im not sure if she was hinting at something but i still havn't won the lotto.

I heard about some fergal fella in ballinasloe. Has anyone ever been to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I've heard of that guy in Ballinasloe too.

He's the seventh son of a seventh son and has the gift apparently....but hell, i'm a wee bit sceptical about the whole thing.

Theres a woman in Croom in Co.Limerick whos scary accurate aswell apparently, and of course theres the white witch of Cobh in Cork, who is supposed to be the dogs, except she tells you good and bad stuff, and not just what you want to hear.

I'm just going by what the friends have told me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

elmo33 wrote: »
    Madame Bridgit... she doesn't have a gift

Sorry to burst the bubble, but there is no 'gift' - it's all a load of bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yes, I've gone to a few Fortune Tellers - and they've all been rubbish - one of which was Hillary - here's some to avoid:
    - Hillary Fortune in the Eyre Square Shoping Centre
    - Tea leaf lady in knocknacarra
    - Madame Lisa that comes to the Clybaun in Galway
    - Some other lady in Ennis - she does it from her house in some housing estate in Ennis.

In case you are unsure - Madame Bridgit that the speak of is a poor old lady who reads fortunes beside the imperial hotel in Eyre Square, and has done for decades - she doesn't have a gift unfortunately the poor woman is sat there feeding her husbands alcohol problem while he drinks away all her money in the Imperial Hotel.

Hope this helps you. If you hear of any good ones please let me know.
    SHE SAID SHE WASNT MARRIED!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

ok i believe that 99.999999% are just pulling a fast one but for the laugh i went to one in edinburgh a few years ago. she was either real or fantastic at the game. there was so much she got right about my past and future.
    she guessed my mothers name, my ex bfs name (and why we broke up), the fling i was about to get into (and when i should get out), my future bfs name and surname and what country he'd be from (she said i'd marry him and we're still together so who knows lol), where i'd move to in a few years (i am, now in a few months), my mothers love of bunnys, some family skeletons and my career and route i'd that (which i never would have guessed i'd take but have). this was without me giving her any hints, i tried my best not to give an signals. Now that freaked me out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 elmo33

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but there is no 'gift' - it's all a load of bull.

How do u know? What makes u an expert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

How do u know? What makes u an expert?
    Fortune telling, astrology, and all the rest of that pseudo-scientific nonsense is overwhelmingly denied by the scientific community. All fortune tellers do is some very convincing cold reading. At the end of the day people are so scientifically illiterate that they don't understand that things like fortune telling are impossible. For example a hell of a lot of people believe that the moon can have some sort of effect on our bodies because of tides, but are completely ignorant as to the actual principles and mechanics of tidal forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I've heard great things about the tea-leaf lady...have yet to go myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I've gone a few times out of interest but I've never found any of them any good.

The lady in Ennis- is always answering her mobile while she's reading for you and she spends most of the time giving out about her husband. I went to her twice, the first time she was actually scarily accurate but the second time was a disaster.

The man in Ballinasloe- thought he was useless. "Who's Bernadette?"/ "Who's Majella"? etc etc. I don't have a ****ing clue who they are. He got even less specific towards the end and started asking me who I knew with a name beginning with "M" or "J". Really stupid. Also seemed to focus mainly on my sex life, and sex in general!

Mrs. Zimmerman in Oranmore- Terrible AND expensive.

I've heard Hilary is crap also. Madam Brigid is probably the best idea, at least you'll get some entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Imo if anyone markets themselves as a Fortune Teller/Psychic etc and charges money they should be done for false advertising unless they can actually demonstrate it (which had never ever been done in proper trials). Other than that let people off, the gullible are always soon parted with their money.

Tea leaf reading ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

I've been to Hilary. She was a lovely woman...but she wasnt able to tell me anything about myself..what she predicted would happen to me in the last weeks didnt and apparantly i'm to meet my new boyfriend at a wedding before mid november....i'm still waiting for last minute invitations...oh well.

I did think she was quite good when it came to my palm...she was able to tell me that i was a twin at birth which i was...now thats a very lucky guess. Other than that i was sorry i'd gone in and parted with my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sunny10

does anyone have contact details for mrs zimmerman in oranmore? Is she still seeing people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Come on folks, I really find it hard to believe there are mature adult people which I presume you lot on here are (mostly) who can seriously entertain the notion of parting with your hard earned cash by handing it over to a charlatan 'fortune teller'.

I mean how desperate do you have to be to need to be told how your life is going to pan out by some circus act who practices the lowest form of cold reading (as highlighted earlier) in order to relieve you of the contents of your wallet.

If you have any brain at all please refrain from keeping these people in business,
    and if you're still convinced they are genuine and can give 'accurate' readings then I've got a bridge I can sell you, pm me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

You'll clean up on the Paranormal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

toiletduck wrote: »
    You'll clean up on the Paranormal forum.

didn't know there was one... (rubs hands)

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement