Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC students: "I'll pay for your pain", Mature Student needs Text Books & Notes

Options
  • 21-08-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Congrats to all who received their places in college :) !

Calling out to all the Maths Gurus in the country,

I’m a mature student planning to return to college in October ‘08 to do an engineering/maths based course; I’m looking for higher level Maths, Physics (and possibly Applied Maths-HL, Chemistry-OL) text books, notes, and exam papers. I need to freshen up on past knowledge between now and then.:confused:

I’m looking for:
    1) Latest texts books for 5th &6th year; in good condition and minimal writing (I want to figure out the answers myself!),
    2) Relevant printed notes to guide my endeavour (the more organised the better)
    3) Question & Solutions and recent LC exam papers over the past few years (with solutions.

Good money for good material. Possibly worth your while, if they’re otherwise going to gather dust in your garage, never to be seen again.

A1 students may only apply (only joking!!)

Thanks,

Purple Ronnie.

(Note: Family home in Dublin Area, can’t collect immediately)

Got any advice on good websites to visit if I have to study this material?

Comments

Well, you can have a look at the exam papers for free (and then print them off) on http://www.examinations.ie/. The look at places like http://skoool.ie/, and other places which are included in the resources/frequently clicked links on the forum page.

Good luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

Some of the recycling centers around Dublin/Wicklow do schoolbooks which you can just pick up, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I have Applied Maths notes from the institute on most areas of the course if you're interested. I defo have Q1,2,3,4,5 and 10 (usually the most popular) and might have some more. Throw me a figure - these are the best you can get btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Purple Ronnie

Sorry Gangsta,
    don't want to pass the LC (done that already). Just want to freshen up on core subjects & ensure 1st year University goes well.

Good text books are my priority. Thanks for the info TheInvisibleFie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

well they'll defo come in handy in 1st uni anyway dude!

• Advertisement
Advertisement