Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jeans

• 21-08-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sparkle sparkle

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of jeans that will fit me properly? The problem is my hips are wide and my tummy and waist are small so jeans are either perfect in the waist but too tight on the hips or perfect on the hips but too big in the waist! It's very annoying!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

I think Lee Cooper jeans do different fits for womens shapes- you can get them in Sasha.

Check out the Levis store aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Next jeans have a pretty good fit, they grab in all the right places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

I have the same sort of problem and i find levis jeans one of the best, along with jeans from vera moda - had a pair that i absolutely adored and wore them to death.
    Also have gotten lovely pairs from vila and next.
    Best of luck, try on loads till you find the best pair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

I find 'Seven' jeans the best.

Can be pretty pricey but in the sales they're great value and well worth the money!

I've worn my numerous pairs to death!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Have to agree - forgot about my seven jeans - they are fab also, so comfy and a great length. Best of luck with the search :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

where do ya get Seven Jeans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Niamho! wrote:
    where do ya get Seven Jeans?
    Brown Thomas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Does anyone know what other good jeans ranges they do in BT's especially if they come in a short length?

I'm tortured at jeans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sparkle sparkle

Thanks everyone;) Have to do loads of shopping now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

I have the exact same problem!!
    The key is finding a brand that suits your shape and buying a few pairs at a time. I love shopping, my bank statement is a testiment to this :p , but I get sooo stressed trying to find a pair of jeans!

I liked Miss sixty, but I often find they're cut a bit low....a builders bum is not very attractive!

I got a couple of really nice pairs of pepe's recently. I find going into a smaller shop where the shop assistant will fire a hundred pairs into changing room at you is great...you don't have to go thrawling through the shelves.

Let us know what works for you so I can try a few pairs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aurian-loh

Same as myself. I found 'nope' jeans were really gud especially if you wanted something more casual. Used to get them in Hairy legs in Galway but they closed down. Does anyone know of anywhere else that does 'nope' jeans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have the same problem. Big hips and small waist (although personally I don't think it's a problem, it's a nice shape to be!).
    I really like Guess Jeans. I got some in America but they have a shop on South Anne St, much more expensive here though. I have just about given up on jeans, they just never seem to fit right, I have some from River Island which are ok but too big on the waist so they slip down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

i have the same shape even though im only a size eight i have that definite shape and the same thing happens fit on the hips but too big on the waist!!!:(

, i used to hate top shop jeans but now the newer styles seem to been much better they are low cut but not too low so they sit on my hips but i dont look like ive too much of a muffin top either:o
    also french connection are usally nice enough on me!!!

will have to find some of those 7 jeans myself, they sound promising!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Hey there!

Iv tried lots of jean types, id be a size 12 in the bum area and have a much smaller waist - i find that i have to buy designer jeans to suit me. It is a great shape to be but you can end up looking all out of portortion if you dont wear the right ones.

IMO its well worth investing in expensive jeans to flatter, anyway, they last forever if you and stay looking great if you look after them.

As mentioned above, 'Seven for all mankind' jeans are lovely (be careful you dont get sold 'Seven' jeans as they are a completely different make - dodgy copyright territory) I have to say though, i have to wear a belt with mine as the waist does still gape a little bit after the 1st few hours wearing.

My absolute fave jeans for my body shape are true religion - they are curvetastic!

Steer clear of Rock & Republic - they flatten your bum and make you into a funny shape unless you had no bum to begin with, and even i think they are ridiculously priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am a curvey size 8 as well and I have found Marks and Spensers jeans to be the best fit (am actually wearing them at the moment). You do not need to go for expensive brands to find the right fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm size 10 and always have the same problem with jeans. I find the ones that have some stretch and aren't 100% cotton to be the best . Jeans made with some percentage of polyester as well as lycra or elastane seem to be better at hugging you all over. They're hard enough to find but lots of high street shops often have at least one pair of these jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I hate shopping for jeans, its so hard to get the right fit, but I've got a couple of pairs from FCUK and they're great! They've lasted years.

My favourite pair of jeans I ever got, I got from united colours of beneton in italy, and they've lasted a few years now. most flattering ever, i think. No idea if I could find similar ones here.

I have the same problem with waist/hip size, so must look up some of these brands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Gap jeans are sp comfy and come in a 31' leg (yipee!!) got a few pairs in Canada. They flatter my shape and dont hang low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

I have size 10 hips and 6 waist.. also my thighs would not be a 10 and I love a jeans that gives you a nice bum but then they always bag on my thighs... so at the mo im just wearing boyfriend but jeans... any suggestions to me problem...??:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Try seven jeans, perfect on everyone- Brown Thomas

Rock & Republic are great too, expensive though- Brown Thomas

Also Fornarina, I love!! Get them in Brown Thomas and Urban Outfitters.

Advertisement