Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Options
  • 21-08-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else watching this?

sayonarazetsubousenseipgx0.png

It's one of the best animes I've seen in a long time. Very funny stuff with some beautifully stylelised artwork.

It's the story of a highschool teacher who is the ultimate pessimist and always sees the worst of everything in life. In pretty much every episode he tries to kill himself. One of his students is the ultimate optimist and sees the best of everything in life, but she's just one the many strange students he has.

There's a girl who communicates only through SMS.
    A hikikomori girl who ends up residing in various nooks and crannies in the school.
    A female stalker
    A student from overseas with a split personality.

And so on...

The highlight for me so far is where the teacher suspects that one of his students may be a victim of domestic abuse and he ends up following her father around from store to store preventing him from buying anything that he imagines might be used as a form of torture against the daughter.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think my avatar may be a giveaway ;)

Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

its fairly good alright. its what i think pani pony dash would be if someone *evil* had made it.
    i'm only up to ep4 but there doesn't seem to be much of a story arc. there would seem to be only 12 eps, so maybe it will just be 12 random acts of wackyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Where would one see/buy said animé? Sounds right up my prefecture...

its currently showing, only at ep 5 i think. so google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote:

Arigato.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the opening to episode 4...is a bit disturbing.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    the opening to episode 4...is a bit disturbing.
    If you're just disturbed by the very last bit -- it's apparently some kind of Bhuddist symbol. Totally harmless.

As for the bondage, frottage etc in the rest of the OP... it's awl-riiiiight! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

didnt watch the whole opening cause my housemates aunt was in the room with me, and I was watching it on a big hd tv, so I quickly skipped through it.

Just saw the first few eps there.

Mwah hah ahhah ah ha! I love this sh*t!

Thumbs up monkeyfudge!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Oh, sounds interesting. Might give it a go.

the first six chapters of the manga available to view online if anyone is interested http://www.onemanga.com/Sayonara_Zetsubou_Sensei. anyone know where there is more to be had?

Saw the first two episodes- I love it!
    It's like the love child of Poni Poni Dash! and xxxHOLIC.
    The theme songs' pretty catchy too.
    Will surely be watching this from now on. ♥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guangxi

Lack of subs have left me in despair.

yes, i think i shall make myself taller.

Goddamn a.f.k.
    Goddamn :(

i've read on animesuki (i think, it was a couple of days ago) that it is taking so long due to the fact that they are translating all the little background messages.
    i've watched ep6 raw and i didn't think that there was any more blackboard stuff than in previous episodes. but hey, it'll be out when its out.
    there is also another group doing it but they are only up to ep3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fantastic show so far, especially episode 4 (some genuine lol moments to be had there:p)
    Hopefully someone quicker than AFK picks it up, we should be on episode 9 by now ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

niiice ^_^ ...been looking for something new to watch.

Brilliant tactic by Kōji Kumeta (SZS mangaka) -- fill the screen with textspam to slow the subbers down!
    I vote that all shows* do this in future.
    Like Haruhi sn2.

*none of them

• Advertisement

i wouldn't care either way if the background text was left untranslated. from what i have read of it (basically all of it,) it has no bearing on the story. some of the stuff is humourous. the characters themselves and their interactions is what is really funny about this show.

ep 6 is out.

it is subbed by a new group called [bure], who given the name have been setup specifically for this show.

i haven't seen the ep only d/ling now so i don't know what the sub quality is like yet.

happy downloading.

ps. i got the tracker link from animesuki

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This lack of seeders has left me in despair!

Couldn't seem to see any seeders or leeches on that tracker...
    try the fourth google result for "bure sayonara", tis coming down at 200K+ for me:)

yarr! says pirate gwen.

obviously you have a better bb provider than i do. i was getting 145 seeds and and an average 10kb/s dl speed. which i think is good on my connection.

but anywho, couldn't get any seeds from the link you recommended. odd? maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tman's suggestion worked fine for me.

A pretty strange episode... even as far as this series goes... enjoyable, but not the best.

"Bure-Tsuki" seem to be the new kids on the block, episode 7 should be readily available now...

Tsuki teamed up with Baka for ep6, and with Bure for ep7.
    Guerrand did ep6 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I wonder if the baldy live action head is maybe the director or something. The way the main character drawn reminds me alot of xxxholic but dont think clamp had anything to do with it. cool series ^_^

• Advertisement

'Bure Tsuki', otherwise known as 'baka tsuki' also translate the Haruhi novels. ♥

^Yeah, that's one of the reasons I love it so much. It's like the lovechild of Pani Poni Dash! and xxxHOLiC.

Advertisement