Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to become a lecturer!

• 21-08-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding becoming a history lecturer that i need answered please.

First of all i have completed a BA with History as a core subject and am now starting an MA in history.

I wish to continue in this subject and become a lecturer of history.Does anyone know the best/rightway to do this, how long does it take and anything else i should know.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

comewatmay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

To become a history lecturer: start working on your PhD research proposal now before you finish the MA and apply for funding for it early. When you're finished the PhD publish it as a book and start writing several additional research articles or books too. Try and get a post-doctoral position or temporary university job and use the time to publish as much as possible. Wait until a position is vacant and apply for it - remember publications are what you need above all else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

thanks for the advice mike,

do you think that my theses in my MA should be the topic i use for my PHD?

cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

comewatmay wrote:
    I wish to continue in this subject and become a lecturer of history.Does anyone know the best/rightway to do this, how long does it take and anything else i should know.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Don't forget to RTFS.

Advertisement