Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jol Out mega-thread [rumours etc]

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Jol and THFC board have fallen out in a big way. This has been building for a long time and there's nothing knee jerk about it.

Jol spoke to Ajax in 2005 about the vacant managers job without asking permission from Spurs. He ended up agreeing to stay with Spurs and used the approch from Ajax to win an inproved contract.

The same thing happened earlier in this year, he spoke to Newcastle after Roder was sacked, and used this in his favour again to improve his contract.

The Spurs board feel quite bitter about the way he went behind their backs and spoke to Ajax and Newcastle. Apparently they would have scked him after the Newcastle business if it wasn't for his popularity with the Spurs fans.

Because of the way Jol has acted i the past, the Spurs board feel entitled to speak to potential head coaches while Jol is still in the job. That is how/why the Ramos stuff came out at the weekend. Spurs don't feel they owe Jol anything but they have bottled out of sacking him out of fear of a backlash from the fans. It's looks like the respect is gone betwen the 2 parties and it's only a matter of time now till Jol will be clearing out his desk.

I think Spurs will encourage him to resign as they don't want to be seen to sack someone who the supporters hold in high esteem. I've heard that there was a meeting today between representitves of THFC & Jol. Apparently THFC will offer Jol 50% of the remainder of his contract to walk away now.

Anyway, the coming days/week will show if any of this is actually true, unless there's secrecy clause in Jol's pay-off. A very sad end if true, but we need to keep going, there are better coaches out there that would love to come to Spurs and help bring back the glory long term.

The Spurs board sound like spineless creeps too, all very unfortunate but that's modern football I suppose.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement