Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Laguna 1.9 DCI 120

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have no reliabilty issues, ever :D

If I wanted something with galactic mileage, I'd buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are people out there that will tell you that 156's and 166's don't give trouble too...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They do, but an Alfa is different, as it's worth fixing :D

*stir*

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

I bought an 07 130 Dynamique with low miles in England for 50% list price and still cant sell it :/

• Advertisement

did you buy it with the intention of selling it straight away?

Doesn't sound too Dynamique to me. I honestly wonder why it won't sell?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

renault dont have a great name but it generally seems to me that if when something goes wrong, it REALLY goes wrong. There doesnt seem to be an in between. I know quite a 2 laguna drivers who have never had a problem with their car (one has changed his every 3 years for the latest model). If you include me that makes 3 that has never had a problem. Now thats obviously not indicative of the whole market but its its still 3 happy laguna drivers.

Lagunas are pretty cheap to pick up as they dont hold their value, if you see one with a full service history at the right price then dont rule it out. If you can afford it, go for a toyota tho. Dont bother with an over-rated VW (unless its a passat) or nissans/alfas.

if u do buy a second hand laguna, make sure you get the 2 keycards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

So far to date, it's only a Laguna which has burnt itself to a crisp at the side of the road while the driver stands a safe distance away - on the phone to me (after calling fire brigade).

Based on fleet's of thousands of cars, the Laguna is one of 2 that were constantly giving trouble (156's being the other). Most models / manufacturer's had issues but not as many as the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

colm_mcm wrote:
    did you buy it with the intention of selling it straight away?

Yup I'm a dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

R.O.R wrote:
    So far to date, it's only a Laguna which has burnt itself to a crisp at the side of the road while the driver stands a safe distance away - on the phone to me (after calling fire brigade).]

It could happen to Any Renault with the same engine .Mrs Mondeoman saw a renault Van(not sure which)do it & said it was very frightning:eek:

An Reuters Espace went into flames during the Tour de France
    burncar1.jpg

apparently it was turbo related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Normally I hate the bashing-anything-that's-not-Japanese-or-VW group mentality here on boards but it's deserved when it comes to the Laguna.

My Dad bought a two year old model for €16k about three years ago. Was a nicely finished car inside, very safe, quiet, comfortable.

But that was all you could say about it that was good. It had to have new shocks and bushes at 40k, power steering pump failed, head gasket blew at 60k miles, and there were numerous other faults. And the car was scrupulously serviced at a mian dealer and still had all these problems.

The best trade in offer we got for it 6 months ago was €4k. The trade will not touch them.

We've had Renaults in the family for around 15 years, first had a Renault 4 and then two 19's, and no problems. Seems the lastest models are woeful in terms of quality. I know my Da won't have another.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Ive a 03 dci laguna with no problems whatsoever, maybe I got one of the good ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Can I make a few points:

I own a Megane (2004) but I am no great Renault fan. I think it is a good car and serves its purpose quite well. I had an issue with squeaky brakes which was fixed FOC by the dealer, and a broken electric window which the dealer fixed FOC even though the car was out of warranty. Over all, it has been as reliable as almost any car I have owned or that of anyone else I know.

Regarding the picture above, I know someone whose Ford Galaxy spontaneously combusted when it was parked up, engine switched off and locked. Stuff like that can and has happened to many cars. I have heard of a few BMW 3 series suffering engine fires.

Boards.ie/motors is not the place to seek advice about buying cars. There is far too many fanboys with too much time on their hands lurking around here. For better advice I would suggest you visit an internet forum specific to the car you are interested in.

One thing I have too say is that Renaults depreciate fairly seriously. If you are buying one, you should prepare to be driving it for a long time.

prospect wrote:
    Can I make a few points:

I own a Megane (2004) but I am no great Renault fan. I think it is a good car and serves its purpose quite well. I had an issue with squeaky brakes which was fixed FOC by the dealer, and a broken electric window which the dealer fixed FOC even though the car was out of warranty. Over all, it has been as reliable as almost any car I have owned or that of anyone else I know.

Regarding the picture above, I know someone whose Ford Galaxy spontaneously combusted when it was parked up, engine switched off and locked. Stuff like that can and has happened to many cars. I have heard of a few BMW 3 series suffering engine fires.

Boards.ie/motors is not the place to seek advice about buying cars. There is far too many fanboys with too much time on their hands lurking around here. For better advice I would suggest you visit an internet forum specific to the car you are interested in.

One thing I have too say is that Renaults depreciate fairly seriously. If you are buying one, you should prepare to be driving it for a long time.

Very fair except perhaps point 3. Car specific forums will never say "don't buy one of these because it's rubbish".

Advertisement