Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master Dissertation Document

Options
  • 21-08-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'll be finishing off my masters document soon enough which is going to be approx 20000 words and has to be bound into a leather book type dealio.

What I looking for is anyones experience with companies that provide this binding service, basically how much was it and how long did it take them to do it as it will dictate to a certain level as to when I really have to have it finished by.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bosco84

Type 'Thesis Centre' into Google, place on Camden St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

Bosco84 wrote:
    Type 'Thesis Centre' into Google, place on Camden St.

If this is a final submission then go for the thesis centre. If it is a submission for examination then a cheap ring binding or steam job (!) will typically (YMMV) do the trick.

Second that recommendation. They charge more if you want it done sooner (i.e. within 24 hours). Cheapest rate they have will get your thesis copies bound within 72 hours. They do a good job.

It is important that you get the exact requirements for bindings for your college and bring a copy with you to the thesis centre and your (typically) three copies of your thesis.

Finally, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Another vote for the thesis centre.

I got mine hardbound - the 'standard' price was for 24hour service but they do provide an emergency 4 hour service. Bear in mind they don't open late night or at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

The thesis centre on Camden street is the way to go. As I remember they can even do a rush job 5 hour bind for a tidy sum - though that depends on how much other stuff they have sitting in the back room waiting for their special machine of wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

I've never used them myself, so don't take this as a recommendation, but Kenny's in Galway do an online Thesis binding operation.

http://www.kennys.ie/BookBindery/

If you give it a go, let us know how we went - you can be guinea pig!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

the thesis centre. got mine done last week.

approx 32euro a copy for hard back bounding for 72 hour service and whatever the print outs cost

i was chuffed with mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Excellent stuff, the thesis centre it is!

Thanks for all the info, can't wait to hand the dam thing in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Crabbeapple

Hi.
    I got my thesis bound at Kennys bindery last week and their service was brilliant. They do it it a few hours at no extra cost for you once you fill out the on-line thesis order form before you go. You can even e-mail your thesis to them and they will print it and bind it same day and deliver it to you or to your university the next day.
    I was so relieved to finish it and I found them very friendly and professional, I would highly recommend them if you need your thesis done in a hurry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Hi.
    I got my thesis bound at Kennys bindery last week and their service was brilliant. They do it it a few hours at no extra cost for you once you fill out the on-line thesis order form before you go. You can even e-mail your thesis to them and they will print it and bind it same day and deliver it to you or to your university the next day.
    I was so relieved to finish it and I found them very friendly and professional, I would highly recommend them if you need your thesis done in a hurry!

I second that,

Seen this forum was great help, went into Kennys Yesterday and got my thesis done in a couple of hours.
    There website was a great help.
    I would defineatly recommend them, was very pleased with the service.

Found the perfect gift for my dads birthday aswell while I was there.
    They do a book with all rugby clipping from the Irish Independant for the Past 100 years.
    Was well worth my time going to Kennys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nadnerb111

Duffys book binders on north strand are excellent, great service, reasonable prices (chaeper than the rip off thesis centre). Ive used them twice. They dont print for you though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement