Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much should this cost?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

New brake pads on a Hyundai people carrier including labour and parts?
    Don't want to gfet ripped off tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Anybody able to give me a good estimate I have to bring it in tomorrrow?
    Ta

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pads on the front or all round?
    At a dealer? Their hourly rates could be €100 to €150 and the parts could be expensive enough compared to buying spurious pads. Expect these to be about €70-100 per pair IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say 160 all in. more if discs need to be skimmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Cheers lads.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well, how much was it? Was Colm or myself closer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Speaking of servicing. I was talking to a lady yesterday in the NCT in Deansgrange who had a pristine 1992 (well as pristine as it can get) Corolla, she was in her late 60s had the car 10 years, always left it into a Toyota garage to be serviced and stamped so it was well looked after and treated with care. To my horror then she told she had it in for a service before she had the NCT, the total cost of parts was €96 (oil, sparks, filters etc), labour was an astounding €400, I asked her was she joking and she said no, not at all. I gave her the name of a good indie.

Abolute terrible rip off if it was just a normal service.

Advertisement