Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

accord type r in japan?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Folks

can you buy Accord Type Rs in Japan? I hope to be heading there by the end of the year for work and would like to buy one.....! i think they stopped making them in 2002??

Honda s2000's and DC5 tegs are still a tad expensive, but auto intergras (non dohc models) are cheap..

there is a new accord euro r out loooks the dogs b0llocks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're all cheap until you bring them over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

legs11 wrote:
    Folks

can you buy Accord Type Rs in Japan? I hope to be heading there by the end of the year for work and would like to buy one.....! i think they stopped making them in 2002??

Honda s2000's and DC5 tegs are still a tad expensive, but auto intergras (non dohc models) are cheap..

there is a new accord euro r out loooks the dogs b0llocks.

no you can only get the accord sir-t or the euro r in japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

I wont be paying a squat of vrt as I will be working.......just shipping, or I might drive it home!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

colm_mcm wrote:
    They're all cheap until you bring them over here!

There is a VRT exemption if you live abroad for over 12 months and own the vehicle for over 6 months before you bring it back with you when you move back home. Keep all receipts and relevant paperwork to prove you meet these conditions - the Revenue don't like passing on the opportunity to squeeze some dosh out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the current model Accord is sold as a Euro Type R from 2002 in the JDM.

New Civic saloon Type R though is not much smaller than the Accord, Europe only offically gets the 3 door:

oldbawnCIVWHI968.jpg

oldbawnCIVWHI974.jpg
    oldbawnCIVWHI971.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What's purchase tax like in Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

The Japanese consumer now pays a double tax on new cars totaling a whopping 10 percent. This is in addition to vehicle property taxes and an annual weight tax. Overall, the task is to reform the maze of taxes in a fair, simplified and environmentally friendly way consistent with practices in other countries," William C. Duncan, General Director, JAMA USA said.

Hah, they'd die if they came over here a whole 10%.

http://www.njkk.com/pressReleases/detailadbc.html?id=56

Advertisement