Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera a/c Problem

Options
  • 21-08-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have a '97 almera, lately the air conditioning won't work at levels 1-3 but blows at the highest level 4 ok.
    Fuse? Switch?
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presuming it's a Pulsar?

do you mean the fan doesn't work on levels 1-3 or the air conditioner doesn't cool the air on levels 1-3?

Either way, likely to be the fan switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

No air coming out at 1-3 i.e fan not kicking in but goes full blast at 4

is there an AUTO function on the fan switch or just 0-1-2-3-4

No Auto, just 0-1-2-3-4. Im thinking fuse/relay than actual switch

it very well could be. finding wiring diagrams may be a pain, at least they're labeled in English even on japanese models though.

• Advertisement

I'll do a bit of research, thanks for the reply

quote from owners club:

i had an almera with the same problem, it is a little circuit board called a heating resistor it controls fan speed by reducing current to slow the fan down. they tend to burn out as they heat up whilst reducing current. nissan replacement one cost me 30 quid easy to fit just plugd in

Advertisement