Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down in clonee

Options
  • 21-08-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi,

Is any one esle experiencing an outage of NTL (I'm currently using a vodafone wireless - before you ask!) Broadband - It's currently down and NTL unhelp desk say 24 - 48 before I get a call. We only had it installed on friday and thinking of using our 10 days decision time (less our out time!) to cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

Sysiphus wrote:
    Hi,
    We only had it installed on friday and thinking of using our 10 days decision time (less our out time!) to cancel.

probably a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sysiphus wrote:
    Hi,

Is any one esle experiencing an outage of NTL (I'm currently using a vodafone wireless - before you ask!) Broadband - It's currently down and NTL unhelp desk say 24 - 48 before I get a call. We only had it installed on friday and thinking of using our 10 days decision time (less our out time!) to cancel.

Yeah same here. Been with them 2 years in Clonee and this is the 2nd time this has happened. I was not too bothered last night as we had friends around. But I need to use it tonight so hope its back.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

NTL down in Dublin7 since yesterday afternoon. first time i've had a problem in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

NTL also down in Clonsilla all day yesterday

Just back in last 10 mins ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

it's fine for me in littlepace ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Down for me in Ballyfermot yesterday evening. Still down this morning @ 7:30

All the tech support line could do was book an engineers visit for Monday. Hopefully it will be fixed before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

I had problems with mine in the city centre last night and it was still having problems this morning. i only got it installed last saturday.

Anyone else having problems in the city centre area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Frank@Work

Yup, have NTL BB over 3 years and this is the first time it's been down on me!

In all honesty, i've never had problems with NTL broadband but the TV service is c**p. I'm in work now, but my sis said it was working again this morning but some sites are slow.

The CS guy booked me a tech guy for Thursday afternoon if it wasn't resolved. If it stays OK tommorow I'll cancel the apointment. Here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cartral

NTL BB was unavailable for me also (city centre).
    Seemed to go down last night and still wasn't up at noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

It went down on me in Dublin 6 today about 3 or 4 pm, and hasn't come back yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Mine was back yesterday and working fine in Clonee.

ciaran76 wrote:
    Mine was back yesterday and working fine in Clonee.

Ditto in Ballyfermot by the time I got home yesterday evening. I waited to check it was still working again this evening before I cancel the engineer visit scheduled for Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Mine was down too ( Just outside Waterford city).

BendiBus wrote:
    Ditto in Ballyfermot by the time I got home yesterday evening. I waited to check it was still working again this evening before I cancel the engineer visit scheduled for Monday!

Oh bollix! Forgot to cancel the engineer :o

Off work tomorrow anyway and was planning a lie in. Now I'll have to wake up to phone & cancel :rolleyes:

Well, would you believe it? Just a couple of hours after posting the above, my broadband & TV all died! Just back in the last hour or so.

However...

Before I'd called them, the NTL technician phoned me this morning to confirm I still had a problem. Was courteous & helpful. He said it was most likely an area wide problem and not to wait in for him to call. He phoned me later to confirm it was an area wide thing and they were working on it.

A further call later in the day with NTL customer care kept me up to date.

I just feel the need to report some very good customer service from NTL today. I know most people only post horrible reports about dealing with them so I thought I'd post this as a couterbalance.

And btw, I never have to wait more than a minute to get through to tech support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

NTL broadband back working for me in lucan yesterday after 6 days of it being down. Have to say its the first significant downtime in the nearly 2 years I have been using NTL broadband.

My bill is being credited with the value of the downtime days so no hassles really. Again customer service has improved, the customer service people are helpful and courteous.

Advertisement