Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT Information

Options
  • 21-08-2007 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got galway(GMIT) on my cao,I am doing Computer and Electronic Engineering In the galway campus,

Basically,My question is,Is this a good course and what is the campus like??(eg Facillitys?!?)

I wanted to go to sligo but got galway so i wasn't prepared for galway at all.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vive che

Im goin to gmit aswel whats the name of the campus your going to, you can look them up on google they all have their own websites you can check their facilities there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

All i know is that im doing my course in the Galway campus,What course you doing vive che??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

OMG it its bummer! Anyways GL and stuff and maybe Ill see you as im headin to NUIG. Although I dont know if were allowed to associate with the GMIT crowd ;):p

Im doin quantity surveying, was going to go to nuig to do arts but thought better of becoming a teacher wouldn't be very fair on the students, considering i wouldn't give a ****. Genericgoon i hope our paths cross and we may discuss the matter further (over a few drinks) ha

vive che wrote:
    Im doin quantity surveying, was going to go to nuig to do arts but thought better of becoming a teacher wouldn't be very fair on the students, considering i wouldn't give a ****. Genericgoon i hope our paths cross and we may discuss the matter further (over a few drinks) ha

I look forward to it. Im sure Bummer can pick me out for you :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

NUI website
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/

I visited NUI in 2001, so couldn't give u much info.

the compus is big and green, it is situated beside a river [couldn't remember the name of it]. about 10 mins walk to city centre.
    oh, there is a hospital beside the compus as well, so if there is anything goes wrong [PC explosion, food shortage...] u can be saved on time.
    haha, just joking,
    but take it seriously.

Ha well if i found out who bummer is of course. Where bouts in cavan are you from? My family are all from up near ballyconnell

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gizzemoto

Hi there, i guess ill see you there then, im doing the same course in gmit, wahaay. From what i have heard its meant to be pretty decent, but thats only word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

GMIT has 5 different campus' in Galway/Mayo. I'm assuming you will be studying in the Head Campus which is on the Dublin Road, just west of the Merlin Park Hospital. It's a relatively big campus, not far at all from the city centre (about 5 minutes of a bus ride; buses go about every 10/15 mins from the college stop)

There's the so-called virtual tours here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

buses go about every 10/15 mins from the college stop

This is what they say but its a fvcking lie. Chances are you'll be walking into town, takes about 20-30 mins. The exercise will do you good, what with all the drinking you will most likely be doing :)

• Advertisement

OMG it its bummer! Anyways GL and stuff and maybe Ill see you as im headin to NUIG. Although I dont know if were allowed to associate with the GMIT crowd ;):p

See u in cavan town for the bus to galway so....:D :D:D:p

i Was down in GMIT yesturday and i must sasy i was impressed....My accomindation is right across the road so its handy.....
    vive che wrote:
    Ha well if i found out who bummer is of course. Where bouts in cavan are you from? My family are all from up near ballyconnell

I from up near Belturbet. .Milltown to be honest....Genericgoon know me any way.....lol:p :p
    gizzemoto wrote:
    Hi there, i guess ill see you there then, im doing the same course in gmit, wahaay. From what i have heard its meant to be pretty decent, but thats only word of mouth

At least there is one or two doing the course:D :D ....Have you sorted Accommodation yet???? :rolleyes: :eek: :p

also Thanks a million For your posts so far guys....Much helped.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Anima wrote:
    This is what they say but its a fvcking lie. Chances are you'll be walking into town, takes about 20-30 mins. The exercise will do you good, what with all the drinking you will most likely be doing :)

Well now that I think about it, I'm probably getting mixed up with the Knocknacarra time table lol. Although, I do have a few mates who live in Renmore and I remember the buses coming fairly frequently. Either way it's a good service methinks. I never fancied walking in to town from out that side though unless it's the right time of day, quite a sketchy area (no offence intended)

vive che wrote:

Im from between belturbet and ballyconnell

Small world ha well small country more like it

All sorted in galway, been living here since last year, great city, Any idea when we are starting up there, i accepted the course last july so heard nothing back since lol :rolleyes:cool:

gizzemoto wrote:
    All sorted in galway, been living here since last year, great city, Any idea when we are starting up there, i accepted the course last july so heard nothing back since lol :rolleyes:cool:
    It says in the college pros that its starting on the 10th but just have to wait on letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My friend is going there this year and he said its the 10th too...

Cool, Caint wait to get started:D :D:D:D

Did anybody get anyword on when gmit are sending out information about registration??

Did you get it yet, got mine today, More Bloody Bills, Grrrrrrrrr, Guess ill see you there next monday at 3

• Advertisement

Indeed you will....Any idea where theater 1000 is??:D :D

Indeed you will...Do u have any idea of where theater 1000 is :D:D

Dont have a clue, guess ill follow the crowd, 1 day to go, check out the aib account, you can get the free travel discount card with them and other freebies, like the sound od no interest overdraft

so which group did you end up in???

I ended up in C...How about you??

Bummer wrote:
    Indeed you will....Any idea where theater 1000 is??:D :D

When you go in the door with the big shelter thingy, you turn left and walk a bit and its to your right (if memory serves me right!)...that's the jist of it anyway...

Wahaay im in A, can you figure out how to download or even view the time table for next week, Tis doing my nut in, lol, Are you on messenger??

is who on messenger?

Wel...i will c u in Group A Cause i have to move for me catching a bus back home....

• Advertisement

it would be great when they get the timetable sorted out, grrrrrrrrr, Tis all fun lol

Advertisement