Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD player recommendation please.

• 21-08-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a DVD player to go with my panasonic TH-42 PV71F TV.
    I went into Peats to buy the panasonic upscaling dvd player (DVD-S53) but was told it wasn't region free and needs chipping to unlock it :(

Anyways, I'm looking for a good quality region free DVD player that plays all types of formats and produces a good picture.

any help welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the panasonic dvd-s53 can be made region free in certain stores. its a simple software mod.

http://www.allianceelectric.ie/products/dvd/dvdplayer/dvds53.htm

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I've got a Philips 5960, €100 from the Philips store, probably cheaper if you shop around. You'll need to buy the HDMI cable separately. It's made region free by typing a code into it's remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 paler

thanks guys,

think i'll take a trip to Alliance Ellectrical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I got this. Fantastic picture. Comes region free out of the box and inc. HDMI cable. I'm very happy with it. Pricey though!
    Performing nearly as well as players costing four times the price, the Oppo DV-981HD is an unbeatable bargain for videophiles and enthusiasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

shayser were did you buy the Oppo from ?

• Advertisement

Got it from Oppo themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Shayser,

I've heard lots of good things about oppo but wasn't aware that they had a presence anywhere outside the U.S?
    Did you get it shipped from the states? If so I presume it is 110v? And maybe even regioin 1 only? As they have no real desire for multi region players as much as we do in europe.

Cheers

They are based in Sweden. Painless buying experience. Quick delivery. Outputs 1080p and is region free. HDMI only though (cable included), no component. Delivery is €15. (I might be selling mine soon.)

Advertisement