Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ign New Preview....

Options
  • 21-08-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/813/813754p1.html

few interesting things. ie diving, talk of the teamvision, crowd reactions to certain players...also new commentators

this is the ps2 version though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

On the subject of going for goal, Konami has reworked set-pieces slightly and free-kicks are, ahem, a whole new ball game. Both attacking and defensive players have more control over their formations during set-pieces: extra players can be brought in to strengthen walls and tall centre-backs pushed forward to capitalise on floating free-kicks, plus the option to take a quick free-kick has been refined too, meaning you can keep a counter-attack flowing with very little break in the action.
    Fiiiiiiiiiinally. I've been crying out for ages for the option of pushing Richie Dunne and John "not-so-dominant-in-the-air" O'Shea right up onto the edge of that six yard box.

Particularly in those final moments if you're chasing a goal and you just wanna punt a free-kick forwards from way put.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Sounds like this years version could be pretty good.

I see they have new commentators. I hope they make good use of them. The problem wasn't with the commentators themselves previously but with how they were used. Repetitive and sometimes just plain wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

"Konami have yet to confirm the two EPL teams". Strange, but we all know it's Spurs and Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Good job I follow the Spanish league more so than the English premier league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

brianon wrote:
    Good job I follow the Spanish league more so than the English premier league :)

I follow both:)

If konami don't know the 2 teams how do we :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement