Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography/History

Options
  • 21-08-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

howya,
    Repeating the lc this yr after i only got 375.....to cut a long story short.
    Should i repeat history with a new research study project(b2 in dis yrs lc)or take up Geo which i havent done since jc? i know dat il hav 2 do field study aswel

really dont wanna do another research study topic!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Business is handy in the LC so people say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

mongo19 wrote:
    howya,
    Repeating the lc this yr after i only got 375.....to cut a long story short.
    Should i repeat history with a new research study project(b2 in dis yrs lc)or take up Geo which i havent done since jc? i know dat il hav 2 do field study aswel

really dont wanna do another research study topic!!!

Do History and just rewrite someone elses research project in your own words (preferably an A student). You'd be mad to start a whole new subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vive che

I did both for my leaving and i found geography alot easier got an a2 in it. I reckon the course is managable in a year and the field study is handy alot less work than the research topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mongo19

vive che wrote:
    I did both for my leaving and i found geography alot easier got an a2 in it. I reckon the course is managable in a year and the field study is handy alot less work than the research topic.

:confused::confused::confused: should i??

ne chance of sending me your rsr mate???

is der any chance dat anybody who got a reasonable grade send me der rsr by email????? pretty please;) :p:D:) :rolleyes: :o :eek: :( :mad: :cool: :confused:

• Advertisement

Wats in it for us?:cool:

Rsr you mean my field study, god i cant even think of the proper name for it, too much celebrating being done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

LC geography is nothing like JC geography. First off the physical geography (earthquakes volcanoes river processes etc.) is quite small. After that I found it quite boring, studying regions and the human environment. I found that allot of it though was just remembering facts and relating them to the question, but also allot of can be common knowledge.

One question that appeared was in the option question, which is worth allot of marks, was something like: "Discuss how fauna and flora have addapted in a biome (environment) that you have studied." I hadn't prepared at all for this question. To do the question I just thought about the various documentaries I had seen over the years and started writing about catuses (cacti?) and lizards and such, all the while relating it to the question. God bless David Attenborough.

I did this for a few smaller questions too and ended up getting a B2. :D

Also the field study report is a piece of cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

It's probably better to keep up the subject you know. Just do the same project but from a different angle, use the same books and sources.

Yea like if you got a b2 in this years you obviously have a good knowledge of the course so just, put bit more work into the course and your research topic and you could get an A with less work than you would have had to do to get a similar grade in geo

• Advertisement

ok, at this stage il do history again!!! cheers 4 d advice and opinions!! now 4 a new rsr? ne ideas on wat 2 do?????

Try and pick something that not many other people will have but make sure you can get relevant sources before setting your heart on something. I did The Bay of Pigs and reasons for failure, difficult to do but i thought it turned out fairly well in the end.

I did Tito and The Partisan Uprising 1942-45. I thought it went quite well and it's fairely relevent in WW2.

Advertisement