Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics and Astronomy in DCU

Options
  • 21-08-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey anyone on here get into the physics and astronomy course in DCU?
    Accepted it myself yesterday, should be an interesting course!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

What job do you hope to get after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 -Syn-

Not really sure yet why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Just when I considered it, I wanted a secure and financially safe future regardless of if I enjoyed the course. I'd rather enjoy a course as well as being financially secure. That's why I'm in Pharmacy in UCC.

As for the course in DCU, I heard it's not as good as other University courses in the same area and that DCU is more suited towards Engineering rather than Sciences. The course is supposed to be poorly constructed and I think there was problems with it at some stage.

Also there's a claim that DCU Degree's are easier, but I don't know about this, I think it's rubbish, but that's the rumour.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Lucas10101 wrote:

Also there's a claim that DCU Degree's are easier, but I don't know about this, I think it's rubbish, but that's the rumour.

Good luck.

That really is crap and a terrible thing. I;ve heard it said about different places and different courses but to be honest with you - it is only what the student makes of their studies and the course.

I have hired several DCU grads over the last few years - all of them have very solid work ethic/skills! The OP could be the next stephen hawking...financial and secure!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Surion wrote:
    The OP could be the next stephen hawking...

Ah now, don't be wishing that on the man.

I was in that course for a while 2 years ago. Wasn't for me, but i still know some people in it who seem to think its a good course. Hopefully most people have gotten over worrying WHERE your degree is from at this stage, and more what its for. I was there the first year they ran the course (AFAIK) and i know there were some problems in the beginning, but they should have sorted them by now i think.

Try talking to some of the lecturers (they were always fairly sound and helpful) or somebody in the course if you want more of an idea of whats involved.

Also, DCU is a really nice campus, never heard any complaints.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

DavyD_83 wrote:
    Ah now, don't be wishing that on the man.

Shouldn't laugh but....:D
    Naturally OP, thats not what I ment :D:D:D

Advertisement