Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Mulhuddart: Where to Live?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭

I'll soon be working in the Damastown Industrial Estate near Mulhuddart. I currently live in Dublin City (South) so I'll need to move to be closer to work (cycling distance).

Problem is, the majority of what I hear about Dublin 15 and surrounding areas are anything but complimentary (places like Blanchardstown, Mulhuddart, Clonee

Just wondering if there are other who work in a similar area, where they live, what's it like and how they commute. Also, about getting into the city.

I've been thinking about places like Tyrellstown, Dunboyne, Hollystown.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Robin1982 wrote:
    Problem is, the majority of what I hear about Dublin 15 and surrounding areas are anything but complimentary (places like Blanchardstown, Mulhuddart, Clonee

I've been thinking about places like Tyrellstown, Dunboyne, Hollystown.

Thanks

The last three are not bad, but are very far out and have crap public transport to the city - just thinking about your weekends and nights. Consider Carpenterstown, Castleknock, Clonsilla, Coolmine, Laurel Lodge etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Tyrrelstown has an ok transport route to the City Centre, there's the 40D and the 38C, the 40D is regular and the 38C is so so during the day but is fairly poor in the evenings at the weekend. The area is not every far out at all, it's about 1 minute down the road from Mulhuddart (by car) and it's not even 10 miles from the city centre.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wouldn't advise living in Mulhuddart itself or Huntstown.

Hartstown is ok as is tyrelstown,Hollystown is nice but rent would be higher.

You will mostly see what the area is like by walking through the estates and looking at the houses.

Rach

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Castleknock, Ashtown Direction......nice place to live, close to town and you will have no problem getting to Damastown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I had a job offer with [the only?] a company in Damastown, and was looking for somewhere to live out that way,
    In the end I decided the best course was to look at Ashtown, Castleknock, etc.
    Basically somewhere on the Navan Road, inside the M50. It means you don't have to live out in D15, but have a decent enough bus connection or a short-ish car commute if you decide to go that way.
    It might even be cycle-able from Phoenix Park Racecourse or similar areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

Castleknock looks interesting. Dart, Park and bus routes.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Igy wrote:
    It might even be cycle-able from Phoenix Park Racecourse or similar areas.

A friend of mine works in Damastown and when he lived off Infirmary Rd (near Heuston Station) he used to cycle in and out. AFAIR it was roughly 50 minutes in and 45 out. He's moved further away now and drives.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Waterville is a good area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

3 yrs too late and Waterville ain't a good area. Its ok'ish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement