Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling in Cork

• 21-08-2007 9:14pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just moved to cork and am wondering if there is anywhere to go bowling - and where is good?
    I have lived in Dublin and used to Bowl in ALSSA, Blanch and stillorgan.
    Need to get a bit of practice in as I am in a comp in Amsterdam in Nov :D

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya Mik,

There's 3 centres that I know of in Cork:

The Colliseum (now a Leisureplex Centre), Cork city

East Cork Superbowl This is in Youghal.

And

The Mardyke, Cork City.

I've only ever bowled in the Colliseum and that was years ago. I seem to remember that the lanes were pretty okay at that time, well maintained and looked after. Can't speak for today.

The 2 in Cork city are synthetic Brunswick lanes, the one in Youghal is synthetic AMF lanes, so find out what type of lane you are bowling on in Amsterdam and if it's AMF then Youghal might be worth the trip!

What's the competition and do you know what oil pattern they will be using?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers for that.
    The comp is "KLM INTERNATIONAL BOWLING TOURNAMENT 2007"
    I'm not too sure how big/small a comp it is.
    a guy who used to coach me in Work is from Holland and invited me and a few lads/lassies who played on the company team to come over for it.

should be more of a laugh then serious but I don't want to play crap :D

Mik

Advertisement