Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Making Allegations Of Criminal/Illegal Activy

Options
  • 21-08-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Evening,

There is a post in the
    Athenry Broadband forum on 18-08-2007, 09:52 by user Niall_Stevenson alleging that committe members made under the counter payments to a service provider and that equipment has been purchased solely for the user of committe members.

I'm not sure what to do (I'm the mod of the forum).
    Should I ban him or just ignore him? Obviously both my reputation and the other committe members reputation is at stake here. If this was a newspaper article then the solution would be clear cut as the allegation is untrue and without foundation.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Which would also make the course of action clear cut here for precisely the same reasons.

Are you worried about a conflict of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I am worried about a conflict of interest.
    I don't want to been seen to take action just because I am on the committe.

what to do?

should i just ban him for a week?
    :-(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If you link the thread, then I'll review (if you wish).

If you feel that it's bad, then can always delete the comment pending a second opinion from someone else (a post delete can be reverted).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

here is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055132987
    Ecksor thanks for reviewing.

Advertisement