Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta Silver Mallard - firing pin prob

Options
  • 21-08-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My brother has a Beretta A390 silver Mallard, semi-auto

However it does seem to mis-fire every so often, as usual we pull the piss as he has not fired at a duck or a pheasant, but he seems to be blaming the firing pin.
    When he takes out the catridge it does have the mark from the firing pin on it, but not sure if it's a problem with the pin/spring not hiting it hard enough.

Not sure if it's a faulty cartridge every so often, would have thought they would be fairly consistent at firing.

Anyone have any idea, he is thinking of buying a new firing pin for it.

scuby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

scuby,
    Is the cartridge primer well dimpled or just barely touched?
    If the primer is barely dimpled then check the firing pin spring, ....... connecting rod and hammer braces.
    Better yet seek the services of a qualified smith. ;)

http://www.berettaservices.com/Moduli/ContentManager/publicfiles/PDF%20Esplosi%20Arma%20Parti%20Speciali/eal390.pdf

http://www.berettaweb.com/sezionati/sez_EXTREMA_TWO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

thanks for that, i will double check on what you sujested. I think that was always a god mark on the misfired cartridge, but will check again. will let you know how i get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

scuby wrote:
    thanks for that, i will double check on what you sujested. I think that was always a god mark on the misfired cartridge, but will check again. will let you know how i get on...
    I would say its his firing pin or firing pin spring if you leave it in with a decent gunsmith he would sort it very easy and its only cheap approx €25 to do my al391 which had the same problem as yours,i think oil got into my firing pin area on the bolt which caused my probs.

Advertisement