Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

John Frusciante

• 21-08-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else like his solo stuff? I have the album "Shadows Collide With People" and I have to say I really enjoy it. Interesting guy. Any thoughts or opinions?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

interesting to say the least, some pretty fucked up stuff about him in the keidis autobiography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Personally I cannot stand his music. Either solo or in a group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

What a strange and beautiful man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I love how he plays. You can hear all his life story and his experiences through his feel and expression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think his solo stuff is so much better than the chilis ever were,.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I think his solo stuff is amazing. every album is totally different. One of my favourite artists. To Record Only Water For Ten Days is my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I have all his solo stuff. I really like most of it. Check out the DC ep. Its only 4 tracks but its great. He released 6 albums in 6 months in 2004 and a lot of it is brilliant. He is releasing some new stuff soon I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I think his solo stuff is amazing. every album is totally different. One of my favourite artists. To Record Only Water For Ten Days is my favourite

Haven't listened to all of his stuff, but absolutely loved "Murderers" off that. Heard it on an independent short film and was mesmerised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yeah, really like his solo stuff, it doesn't always work but you always get the impression that he's revealing something very personal. He's a very interesting guy and it definitely comes across in his music. Carvel is probably my favorite song, evar.

The Chilis stuff (namely One Hot Minute) from when he was on near-death heroin sabbatical, camped indoors in the Hollywood Hills, is very obviously missing something.

Johnny Depp's film of his house during that period is now on youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx7oJ7-Xjpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BrotherTotz

Yea I love his stuff Curtains is a great album!!

6 albums in 6 months like what a talented man and Ive heard that too that he is releasing new music soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Awh, he's great. Sound is very raw and unpolished. Just yummy. Emotional. beautiful, pure.... *sigh* I love "Falling", that has no vocals. Very Californicationey. Also love "Murderers" and "Dying Song". He can't sing very well, so his voice is an acquired taste, what with all the really low/ really high parts..

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Shadows collide with people is an exceptional album from an exceptional artist. Long live John Frusciante.

Advertisement