Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get a certified copy of passport

• 21-08-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭

Apologies if this isn't quite legal but wasn't sure of a more suitable home. My brother in law lives in Poland but has some money in a bank account in England. In order to release the money to him remotely the bank wants
    a certified copy of his passport. How can I get this for him (he wants me to do it here so it is certified by an English speaking person/institution).
    He seemed to think it might be done possibly at a bank, post office or church?

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

The easiest place to get a document certified is your Solicitor's office. It's just a stamp stating that the copy is a true copy of the original and you shouldn't be charged for it. Just ask the receptionist to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

...or any garda station. Same deal they just stamp and sign the copy to verify that it is a true copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Thanks for the replies. I went to the garda station and they said they don't do this any more so it'll be down to the solicitors so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Gardai definitely do it, I get certified copies of passports and birthcerts in work every day and the majority are done by the guards. I have 2 sitting here in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Gardai definitely do it, I get certified copies of passports and birthcerts in work every day and the majority are done by the guards. I have 2 sitting here in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 snb

Eh, a receptionist in a solicitors office cannot or should not certify something as a true copy. The solicitor should do it.

Gardai are trying to put an end to their obligations to certify copy passports etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

snb wrote:
    Eh, a receptionist in a solicitors office cannot or should not certify something as a true copy. The solicitor should do it.

Why not? It isn't exactly a big deal.

Advertisement