Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Diesel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tlyons wrote:
    I drive lots of hire cars, so no BMWs/Alfa's, but have driven
    Specifically Oil burners (Diesel)
    Ford Focus
    Peugout (various)
    Fiat (various)
    Opel Vectra SRi

Out of the lot the Vectra was the best hands down! This one I drove for 4 days on country roads and Motorways in between North Yorkshire and London. Pulls like a train and sips the fuel. Look for the badge on the back where TD is in red (means that it is 16V). Only irritating thing was the indicator stalk, its a toggle rather than a definite on/off. Six speed gear box was great fun too.
    In fact also got a chance to drive a Honda Civic (petrol), screams like a stuck pig and does shift but irritatingly "peaky" to drive, the Opel would pull in any gear at pretty much any rpm

My next choice would be Ford or Peugot (though I hate french cars)

I have driven the BMW 330d fantastic but very pricey.

Hope this helps in some way

i drive a vectra sri 2.2 tdi
    buy one they are funny
    #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

rbd wrote:
    i drive a vectra sri 2.2 tdi
    buy one they are funny
    #

last car was a Vectra 2.2 DTi...had the split return pipe problem which used to send it into limp mode...apart from that it was grand

Any issues with yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

furtzy wrote:
    last car was a Vectra 2.2 DTi...had the split return pipe problem which used to send it into limp mode...apart from that it was grand

Any issues with yours?

went into limp mode when the rad valve opened before
    is this the split return pipe problem?

gota link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

rbd wrote:
    went into limp mode when the rad valve opened before
    is this the split return pipe problem?

gota link?

take your pick from these

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=+vectra+split+fuel+return&meta=

Very common problem. Can also result in starting problems

Also check this site as well.....not much they don't know about vectras....very helpful bunch

http://www.vectra-c.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I recently bought a 03 530d Sport with leather and a few other toys.

The cars that it beat:
    320d Sport
    A4 1.9 TDI
    A6 1.9 TDI & 2.5 TDI
    525d Sport
    S60 D5
    S80 D5
    Alfa 156 JTD
    lots of other smaller diesel cars..

Fantastic car - best car I've ever owned. I'm averaging about 44mpg (calculated the old fashioned way, computer says 47ish) and I dont exactly hang around.

Insurance/tax & servicing is all worth it. I'm only just 23, and only have 1 years NCB - if I can insure it reasonably, so can most other people!

• Advertisement
Advertisement