Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

milage

Options
  • 21-08-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

maybe its been asked before so my apolagies as its a common thing when buying a car

i just bought a fiat cinquecento for 580, im very happy with it, as i need a car asap,

its got about 180kmph on the clock, very high i know,

can anyone just tell me how bad this goes against me? having high milage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

580 euro and it drives?

How bad can it be?

180 kmph ...that's kilometers per hour
    do you mean 180,000 km or 180,000miles ...or something entirely different?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

peasant wrote:
    180,000 km or 180,000miles
    Whichever one, it's still very high for a very small car! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If the car is in good condition and has no current issues then I don't see the big deal. Just be aware that certain parts may wear out and the car wil be more likely to need money spent on it than a lower mileage car. But for 580 euros you can't expect too much. BTW 180k kms if that's what you meant) isn't extremely high mileage if the car has been looked after by previous owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

sorry i ment, around 180.000 km and yeah, having a car that drives kicks ass! so as long as it aint that bad i dont mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

i get ya, what parts could possibly go on it? its in great nick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The NCT cert should give some piece of mind if it has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Personally high milage wouldnt deter me from buying a car, i'd base the car on its merits, rather than the ''What ifs'' driving a car with 175K miles and its still does 100MPH* on the M1 not a problem.

*PC POLICE FECK OFF!!!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah mileage isnt a big issue for me. My 97 Safrane only has 86k but the 97 Peugeot Partner van I just got has 173k. Both drive like a dream.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement