Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorhome storage dublin

• 21-08-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

We have just returned from our first motorhome rental experience and are full of enthusiasm to go again! We are looking into buying one but have one big problem - storage. We live in Dublin and do not have the space to store it outside our home. Does anyone know of any longterm storage solutions??? We would be greatful for any info on this, thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gate82

hi are you looking for inside storage or outside storage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 quinsey

indoor storage preferably through the winter. Do you know of any reasonable storage options?

i might know somewhere,but it wont be available for two to three weeks.how much would you be prepared to pay for secure indoor storage........west co dublin area. pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 quinsey

Well, how much would you charge and where exactly in west dublin is it? Also we wouldnt need the storage immediately as we havent got our motorhome yet.

its in newcastle.....just off the N7 at rathcoole. I dont know what the going rate for storage on a camper van is so its hard to give you a price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Some time ago the Motorcaravanclub(Clonee) had details of a place in North Co. Dublin. I think it's a converted fruit farm/growing house?? Give them a call and the'll give you details.

thanks for your help stapiler...i will look that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B_Rubble

Hi there did you find a decent place to store the camper over the winter months? How much? where? etc.
    many thanks in advance

Depending on where you are, near Enfield Michael & Mary O'Malley have storage and lockups etc. Their website for Accomidation is http://www.ballinakillmews.com/ and you'll get contact details thare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Claiva, the other thread has been locked so am replying here. PM'd you the info but its probably worth putting up here. The storage facility (outdoor) is near Fairyhouse racecourse. I've never seen it myself but am told its very secure and reasonably priced. Contact John Roche 01-8256719.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Not quite so secure now that you've posted their details on the web. With the number of campers currently being stolen, details like this are best passed from owner to owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

thanks loobylou,
    i'll give him a ring. I'm primarily looking for indoor storage though.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

blindman wrote: »
    Not quite so secure now that you've posted their details on the web. With the number of campers currently being stolen, details like this are best passed from owner to owner.

Are there many campers being stolen?? :eek: Where did you hear that?

Occasionally hear of a few going missing.I know there a dealer near Dubin airport had two new motorhomes stolen last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

*Kol* wrote: »
    Are there many campers being stolen?? :eek: Where did you hear that?
    There are several campers stolen each year. If you are buying or selling be aware of this. There have been two failed attempts to steal mine and one failed attempt to steal my caravan.
    Do not meet someone half way in a carpark/ shopping center.
    Be very suspicious if venue changes at last minute or changes the appointment if they know your husband or otherperson will be there at the time.
    Don't let someone leave their car/son as security. The car could be stolen/kid has legged it. One owner went with guy on test drive to be ordered out, by gun point, a few miles later.
    Don't give out addreses of places where several hundred thousand euro worth of campers are stored, without doing a background check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

blindman wrote: »
    There are several campers stolen each year. If you are buying or selling be aware of this. There have been two failed attempts to steal mine and one failed attempt to steal my caravan.
    Do not meet someone half way in a carpark/ shopping center.
    Be very suspicious if venue changes at last minute or changes the appointment if they know your husband or otherperson will be there at the time.
    Don't let someone leave their car/son as security. The car could be stolen/kid has legged it. One owner went with guy on test drive to be ordered out, by gun point, a few miles later.
    Don't give out addreses of places where several hundred thousand euro worth of campers are stored, without doing a background check.

Several?? Ithought you were talking about loads! Hardly an epedemic.

Advertisement