Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The best looking cars ever.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

maidhc wrote:

I don't know what it is about people listing BMWs, apart from the fascination with them on this website

Aside from the Z1, most stuff they make is pretty bland fare that at times gets strikingly bland(e46), and sometimes pretty ugly(e65, x3, x5).

BMW are grand, but they don't make good looking cars like the italians. Pretty much ANY alfa of the past 30 years has been better looking than anything from germany.

There's ONE BMW that could be called beautiful ...well, close to anyway:

The 507

BMW_507_grandfather_gr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Mercedes E320 cdi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Peasant, That one really does look like a shoe. With leather insoles!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Mercedes 300 SL (Gull Wing)

Image:Mercedes_300SL_Coupe_vr_silver_EMS.jpg

Ford GT40 (1960s)

Image:Ford_GT40_%28front%29.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Ferrari%20F40%20P1%201.jpg

The 250 GT / Cali are both amazing looking also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

1. Ferrari 328GTS - although GTO is certainly up there.
    2. Daytona /Daytona Spyder. (Well if it was good enough for a certain Messrs Crocket and Tubs......)
    3. Alfa 8C
    4. Ferrari Dino
    5. DeTomaso Panthera - makes me just wanna get outta the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

The wife's!
    sl-pagoda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

208.jpg
    ec4masghiblispi71.jpg
    grifo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Some of my favorites here.

Ferrari 246 GT Dino
    ferrari246dino.jpg

AC Cobra
    cobra427.jpg

BMW 507
    bmw507-2.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

LIGHTNING wrote:
    The 308 is a fantastic car my mate has one and it looks even better in real life.
    Does he have a moustache? :D

• Advertisement

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Would love to here some thoughts. Heres my contenders:

Honda NSX

hondansx1ew4.jpg

emotbarfmw4.gif

I'm sorry the NSX is ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

It's gotta be...

250GTO.jpg

Ferrari 250 GTO

Absolutely beautiful, what a car.

Absolutely beautiful, what a car.

It looks like noddy's car!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Always had a thing for a Saab 900

saabcarmagad.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CoolGuy1

IMO the nicest looking cars in the world are as follows (In no particular order - apart from (i)!!!!):

(i) The Aston Martin DBS

(ii) The Bentley Continental GT

(iii) The Jaguar XJ - doesn't have to be the XJR

(iv) The Rolls-Royce Phantom - this car cannot be described as being 'beautiful,' but delivers in spades what no other car can quite master - an unbelievable road presence, a sense of occasion, and an unrivalled aura of prestige. These factors make this a magnificent looking car, not for outright beauty, but for its sheer presence, and the fact that this car really does look like the finest automobile money can buy! The front of the E-Class is one of the nicest of any car around.

(v) The Jaguar XK8/R

(vi) The Mercedes E-Class (pre-'07 facelift-i.e. the '02 - '06 model) This is a truly beautiful car. There is not one line that needs to be changed. Like the SL, the E-class completely captures the current period of car design - trying to balance muscular curvy looks with overall elegance in design - before all car manufacturers move into a new era of sharp Banglesque styling (All BMWs and the latest Mercs - C & S class for example). The E-Class Avantgarde alloys alone on this model are a masterpiece of design - so simple, but fantastic looking!

(vii) In light, of (vi) above, the Mercedes SL obviously!

(viii) Ferrari 360 Modena.

(ix) The new Mercedes CL-class.

Oh, and BTW I've chosen these cars and I'm only 21! Mercs appeal to all people - not just old people! Many of my friends' favourite cars are Astons, Bentleys and Mercs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

288 GTO is the most beautiful ferrari ever... how someone could prefer a 308 is beyond me... especially the gts :)
    The 280 GTO comments remind me of a 280 GT California I seen (on an Irish plate!!) in Kildare a few years ago, which remains the most stunning car I have ever seen on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

ronoc wrote:

I'm sorry the NSX is ugly.

She doesnt look so hot with that rear wing thingy. Im thinkin more along the lines of this older version:

http://members.cox.net/evoc/myNSX.jpg

Welcome to boards Coolguy1. I see its your 1st post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

CoolGuy1 wrote:
    (iv) The Rolls-Royce Phantom - this car cannot be described as being 'beautiful,'

Yet it makes #4 on your Best Looking Cars ever list...????.... :confused:

BTW:
    Welcome to boards... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CoolGuy1

prospect wrote:
    Yet it makes #4 on your Best Looking Cars ever list...????.... :confused:

BTW:
    Welcome to boards... :)

Yes it makes number four on my best looking cars list, as it looks great, but is not beautiful. This was the key point in my explanation of why it is a fantastic looking car - not for being beautiful, but because of its road presence and sense of occasion.

The list was not a "most beautiful cars" list, but a "nicest looking cars" list. There is a subtle but important difference between the two!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

CoolGuy1 wrote:
    Yes it makes number four on my best looking cars list, as it looks great, but is not beautiful. This was the key point in my explanation of why it is a fantastic looking car - not for being beautiful, but because of its road presence and sense of occasion.

The list was not a "most beautiful cars" list, but a "nicest looking cars" list. There is a subtle but important difference between the two!:)

Fair enough, my criteria would be entirely different, but each to their own I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Ferrari Dino

060915001.7.jpg

just stunning

you have to admit, in terms of car styling, nobody but nobody comes close to the Italians :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

A similar thread on another site with some very tasty cars indeed:
    http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=8259

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

LIGHTNING wrote:
    The 308 is a fantastic car my mate has one and it looks even better in real life.

That pic is a 328 btw not a 308 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

a lot of really nice cars there i'm a bit of a fan of classic american muscle cars ,but not one mention of the MKiv toyota supra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

MK5 GTI and the murchalargo LP640.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

domonick wrote:
    a lot of really nice cars there i'm a bit of a fan of classic american muscle cars ,but not one mention of the MKiv toyota supra

I was in Austin recently talking to a guy who has a 1970's muscle car - cant remember for the life of me what it was but it averages around 10mpgs! He said it had over 400bhp, thats all I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Plug wrote:
    MK5 GTI ...

... ha ha ha

Alfa C8

alfa8c2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 freakishlycute

Lamborghini+Diablo+VT+2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

VW Corrado Storm

http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/395/VW_Corrado_VR6__5155395.jpg

The Camero in Transformers was pretty nice too :)

I have simple tastes :o

Advertisement