Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domains - user / pass issue .. ideas ?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Howyas,

This might be better off in hosting, feel free to shift it ...

A friend of mine has a bit of a serious issue at the mo regarding LOTS of domain names he regsistered on the basis that most are worth money, others are tag or similar names etc .. anyhoo, between 100 - 200 total domains with another 700 euro in his registerfly account.

These were bought though regsisterfly and all fine and dandy except ..

His "master" domain expired without ANY notification (he doesnt use filters of any sort) .. and password for registerfly ceased to work.

He can't get his pass emailed to him due to the fact that the expired domain was used to get email notifications from registerfly :eek: .

A bulk hosting buyer reseller site yoke now has ownership of the domain with the usual "click here to find how you can order etc..." he has even tried buying it back without any luck, not even replies from the reseller place. :mad:

registerfly have not responded to the support tickets (posted under my account becuase he cant log in) - any idea where he can go from here . there isnt even a phone number any more for registerfly and they aint answering!!!

or is he simply totally screwed outta a few grands worth of domains ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

RegisterFly lost their ICANN accreditation months ago as they were having financial / business issues.

Their domain business was acquired / taken over by GoDaddy, so any domains that your friend has *should* have passed over to GoDaddy's accounts.

I'd recommend you try contacting GoDaddy to see where things are at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Cheers,

Was onto godaddy just now, looks like correct registrant info wasnt set on the account ! eek, but they reckon they can sort somthing out. (thankfully)

but his cash in the account is more than likely gone, the support guy in godaddy was unaware of any staff working for registerfly, the shower of twats !

the reason this all happended was becuase the auto renew/notification wasnt working .. GAH!

As I said, RegisterFly went out of business months ago. Unfortunately they didn't update their site to reflect this, so a lot of people were unaware of what was going on until it was too late.
    Hopefully GoDaddy will be able to assist your friend, as the fallout from the Registerfly has affected a lot of people and left a really bad taste in people's mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

whats scary is the fact that you can still register / manage domains though the site .. and they are allowed !!! WTF - with no staff !

I'm even showing as $7 in my account .. unfortunatly just shy of enough to reg another domain - maybe for the best :rolleyes: im not giving them another cent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement