Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla 1.4 VVTi Opinions

Options
  • 22-08-2007 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I have an offer on one of these cars:

05 5dr 1.4 VVti T3 Spec with A/C with 21k

What are the views out there on reliability etc??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It will go forever, but be warned its so boring that every second in opne seems like forever anyway. Other than that its a very good car, but its soooooo boring.

Surley you should be getting an Irish spec model, even though UK models are way better equipped? I say this as 05 Irish cars will be in kilometres, and as the Brits still use miles; the T3, which is a UK model Corolla, will boast an mph speedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As already said, if you want a reliable car to get you from a to b this will certainly do the job.Also Toyota's are highly rated in Ireland so when you want to sell it depreciation shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Thanks for the quick reply guys:

If I through this into the mix, how do ye feel now about the corolla??

For an extra 4k I can have a brand new Kia Ceed 1.4 with 7 yr warranty???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The corolla is a great little car for reliability, the VVTI models have been really good engines. I've had my corolla for nearly 3 years and it hasn't let me down once, I service it myself and the MPG is great.

jonny24ie wrote:
    The corolla is a great little car for reliability, the VVTI models have been really good engines. I've had my corolla for nearly 3 years and it hasn't let me down once, I service it myself and the MPG is great.

Whats the pep like in the engine, is it dead or ok to live with?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

techie wrote:
    Whats the pep like in the engine, is it dead or ok to live with?

I find it great tbh, once the engine is properly maintained the poke will always be there. What car were you driving before??

I am driving a diesel Kia but am not doing the mileage for it any longer so looking to change to a 1.4 petrol.

The corolla you have, has it a/c etc?

No mine has no a/c, it has nearly everything else though. Over a diesel its will have a nice bit of poke so its not too bad!!
    My corolla is the 01 model, it was a troublesome model to get because it was the start of the VVTI engines so any problems and they were there but I found that I have been very lucky with mine!!

jonny24ie wrote:
    No mine has no a/c, it has nearly everything else though. Over a diesel its will have a nice bit of poke so its not too bad!!
    My corolla is the 01 model, it was a troublesome model to get because it was the start of the VVTI engines so any problems and they were there but I found that I have been very lucky with mine!!

So what mileage is on yours now? What kind of mpg do you get?

Mileage now is 90,000miles. Which ain't too bad for a 6-7 year old car.
    I get 48-50(odd)MPG. If I service it late then that will go down but if I service her regular then it does be fine!!

• Advertisement

Cheers, thanks for all your help, sounds good to me, will have a chat with salesguy!! :)

No bother!! I have a mate that works as a sales rep for toyota out around bray if your near that direction... he can sort you out with something nice. PM me if you want me to get in touch with him!!

jonny24ie wrote:
    No bother!! I have a mate that works as a sales rep for toyota out around bray if your near that direction... he can sort you out with something nice. PM me if you want me to get in touch with him!!

Cheers, but I am in Cork so better get one locally, its an English import with extra spec and 21k so sounds too good to pass up! :)

Thanks for the input guys,

Salesman made me an offer I couldn't refuse so sometime tomorrow evening I will be driving a new Kia Ceed 1.4 EX with 7 year warranty!!!! :D

jonny24ie wrote:
    I get 48-50(odd)MPG.

I have the older non vvti 1332 cc 16 valve corolla and get about 40 MPG once I'm reasonably light with my right foot.
    Is the difference between the efficiency of both engines really that big. :eek:
    50 mpg sounds more like a diesel engines mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

48-50mpg is a little optimistic.

I see. Would be interested in knowing how jonny24ie calculates MPG.
    What I do is fill tank to the brim, reset trip,drive until almost empty.
    Refill to the brim again taking note of how many litres it took.
    Use refill and trip details to calculate MPG.

Advertisement