Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salary scales secondary teaching

• 22-08-2007 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im just wondering whats the starting salary and also the highest rate of pay for a secondary school teacher and also whats the same for a lecturer in an IT/uni ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The highest salary for a teacher is currently €60,307 after about 25 years.
    This does not allow for degree allowances or allowances for promotional posts.

Starting is generally on point three and would be €33,226, again without degree allowance. It takes a very long time to progress up the salary scale and there are no shortcuts.

College teacher starting is €37,317 and the highest Lecturer salary is Senior Lecturer III at €108,157.

It's really not a career to go into for the money though.
    Salary Scales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

A.S.T.I. or T.U.I. websites lay it out clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Personally, its become very good pay all the same I think compared to say even 5 years ago and the add ons can put 4,000 onto it not to mention the ol B post when it comes you way, another 3500.

Advertisement