Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good Celtic pubs in Galway?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 2:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I'm coming over from London to Corrib Village (NUIG) this September and I'm looking for somewhere that shows most (hopefully all) Celtic games.

Are there any pubs with a CSC, and possibly one that has bands on after the games etc?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Most pubs would show a Premiership game before they would show an SPL game but they will sometimes show SPL games especially ones the 12 kick off and of course the Old Firm games.

I don't know if your getting NTL in Corrib Village these days but if you are Setanta Sports is on the basic package and they have the rights to show the SPL in Ireland and would show the Celtic game 9 times outta 10

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A lot of Celtic crowd often go to Richardsons, top of the square

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

yeah Richardsons on the top of Eyre Sq is the spot got Celtic fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Fans, Celtic, Square, Top, Richardsons, go, alot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Ah sound as. Cheers guys.

Is it any good in there, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, good

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Monroes is also full anytime Celtic are on the box. Since your man who owned Richardsons took it over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I lived in Galway and trying to find a pub which showed Celtic is a nightmare. There's plenty pubs with Celtic stuff on the wall but they ALWAYS show the EPL games instead.

Monroe's is the ONLY celtic pub in Galway.

Advertisement