Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

java gmail app for windows mobile

• 22-08-2007 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Anyone know if it's possible to send/receive attachments with the java app version of gmail for windows mobile?

This seems like a nice handy way to access/manage gmail on a wm device with a nice interface but there doesn't seem to be any way of sending attachments with it from what i can see which is a shame.

For that matter anyone know if web gmail accessed via a pda is capable of sending attachments. Again from what i can see it's not.

Also, anyone know if the netfront browser is available for windows mobile any more.
    I've got the demo version of v3.3 which is really capable- better than opera mobile and PIE- but i heard netfront is no longer around for windows mobile.
    Can anyone confirm this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Shouldn't there be a pop email client built in to Windows Mobile ? Just set that up and then forward the gmail to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tallus wrote:
    Shouldn't there be a pop email client built in to Windows Mobile ? Just set that up and then forward the gmail to it.

You're right, there is, Pocket Outlook.
    However with this i find that if you ever need to remove your gmail pop account (e.g with a hard reset etc) and then set it up again on your device you won't be able to receive all undeleted mail again until you go back to web gmail on a pc and reset pop mail for receiving 'all mail' again.

If you don't do this, any newly created pop gmail account will only download mail received after the point of setting it up again.

I'm open to correction on this but from my experience this is the case.

With the gmail java app obviously all the mail is still there.
    Only problem with that is attachments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm with 3ireland.
    I had the same problem with it dude, so what I did was added gmail to the bookmarks in Opera Mini, naturally it's the web based version of gmail, and when I get attachments the phone launches the 3 web browser to download the attachments.
    I'm using a motorola V3x (dont tell anyone) :D
    That works for me. I looked for a free java pop mail client that could handle attachments but they appear to be a bit thin on the ground.

Advertisement