Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points question

Options
  • 22-08-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Got stopped a few weeks back by a garda, he showed me the gun it had 74 on it (was in a 50 zone), this seemed to be way faster than I thought it was so received the fixed penalty notice this morning and it says 76km on it!!! Should I try appealing it over this or just end over and take it like a man??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Trampas

If you weren't breaking the speed limit then appeal but sounds of it you were so take it like a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

...and risk another 2 peno points for 2km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tmon101

Same happened me ... he showed me the gun, it said 75 ..... I cant believe i was doing that, but reckon i was over 50 so i guess i gotta grin and bare it .... montrath road into abbeyleix .... its like shooting fish in a barrel .... I then go up to the main junction and turn right onto the main dublin/cork road ... where i have to break hard as a guy decides to reverse into a parking space while holding a mobile to his ear ....

Advertisement