Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a 2.2dci Almera. Its a 2004 Van. Factory rated a 126-140bhp and I don't doubt it. Its crazy with that turbo. So I'm wondering why there not more popular?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Cause its an Almera? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nissan don't even list them on their website anymore. Perhaps they were simply too good/fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

What alternative is there to a VW for around 8k euro in a van? Diesel, preferably tdi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

corglass wrote:
    I recently purchased a 2.2dci Almera. Its a 2004 Van. Factory rated a 126-140bhp and I don't doubt it. Its crazy with that turbo. So I'm wondering why there not more popular?

Oh yeah , you'll set the road on fire with that beast :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

0-100km/h in 11.5s. Is that good for a 2.2l? ;)

BTW it's 112BHP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

You'd get more from a low power 1.6 petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

layke wrote:
    You'd get more from a low power 1.6 petrol.

Nah , thatd be about right for a 1.6

100-120 bhp

I would consider that high power for a "low" power 1.6! .. unless youre talking VTEC and BZR etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Its 112bhp on the old engine. 136bhp on the new, 0-100kmhr is 9s. Not bad for a diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I stand corrected so. The newer engine is indeed a lot more powerful. 0-100km/h in 9s is not bad at all for a van!

Advertisement