Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Ball

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

They've a good third of the tickets sold already by the sounds of things.

As for the underagers, pretty much every venue financially accessible to Ents would have serious insurance issues (regardless of licencing issues) with under 18s. I'm sure if you want to go that badly you can find a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Would you need student id to get in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Wow I remember thinking it was horrible being 17 for the Christmas period of 6th year. Then I got to college and people were still only 17. I laughed at their misfortune. Dang like its pretty screwy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I know the odd person who was underage for the whole of first year.

Sh*t buzz, basically... just cos your in college doesn't mean you can drink, and these large events are there to cater to the majority.

If it's any consolation, I'll be there but won't able to drink cos I'll be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

is anyone selling a ticket or two?? PM me plz if you are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gliondar

So how was the ball? The bar had a great atmosphere during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Just saw the poster for the ball, it says "ROAR Gov ID" on it..

I've seen that on a few things now, what does "ROAR" stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Right Of Admission Reserved or something along those lines I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

I was 17 when I started college, and I remember getting into Freshers' Ball and the student bar with no problems... that was a long time ago though, back in the days when the Freshers' Ball was on campus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

You can't for evening events, during the day there's generally no problem getting in, it's just you won't be served alcohol as they generally id people at the bar up until 7pm I think.

I've never got this... What's to stop someone going in before they start checking at the door, then waiting till they stop checking at the bar to get a drink? Simple. Of course I never did anything like that... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement