Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP reinstall on laptop????

• 22-08-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Currently have a Compaq laptop which is running extremely slow!!! I was considering reinstalling the OS - Windows XP. However, XP came installed on the laptop and Im not sure if I got an XP CD when I bought it. All I have is the Microsoft sticker on the base of the laptop with a code.

So what do I have to do to reinstall XP (ie. format hard drive and then reinstall XP).I heard Microsoft cracked down on CD etc.. for piracy reasons........... Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Most compaq systems come with a hidden partition which contains an image of the original software, there should be an application to create a set of recovery disks.
    I would suggest that you go to http://welcome.hp.com/country/ie/en/support.html?pageDisplay=support
    enter your system type, there should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop,
    search for specific details and troubleshooting tips for your system.
    Try everything else before you consider re-installing as it may bring the laptop back to factory state which will wipe all your data and self installed programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 figster

yes I suggest the same thing

Advertisement