Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Fault On Dial Up

Options
  • 22-08-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Using dial up but recently I found myself unable to connect and the error message I've been recieving tells me that there is a hardware problem.

I assumed the modem had kicked the bucket so I bought a new one but upon installing it, I got the same message.
    I began to think the problem was in the connection but I plugged it into a laptop and it still worked.

I'm using this as the perfect opportunity to get broadband but I don't want to get it if there's a problem with the machine.
    Can anyone shed any light on this before I go and fork out 50 quid to have a professional tell me it is something really simple?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

What is happening exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I start to connect, the ticke gets about half way there, then stops and displays the error message. A smaller count down appears and when that's finished, it starts re-dialling.

Advertisement