Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

expansys for mobiles

• 22-08-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

Guys have to give you all a heads up on this site for cheap SIM free phones. Been looking around for a while now for a good website. Benn looking at pixmania.ie and komplett.ie mainly. Then spotted expansys in a thread over on adverts.ie co I checked it out. I wanted an LG KG800 chocolate which was I think 205 on pixmania and 190 on komplett with I'm nearly sure 15€ or there abouts on each site for 3-5 day working delivery. So any way expansys had the phone for 180 so I said I'll see what their delivery is like. It was 16.95 which is a bit dearer than the other two however it's next day delivery and plus I'm already a tenner under the other two on price so I said I'd go for it. Well I ordered the phone at 4.30 yesterday and the thing arrived at 10.30 this morning form Manchester (they've an excellent tracing procedure). Now I'm used to buying things on line with 3-5 day deliver and they always take longer I actually couldn't believe it got here that fast. Any way I love when you feel like you've got a good deal and been looked after in rip-off Ireland so I thought I'd give you all a heads up. Defo gonna be recommending these to everyone I know :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Word of warning.... expansys are great for price and delivery, but if anything goes wrong with phone you will be in trouble, I had absolutely awful experience with them and will never use them again, over 2 months for phone repair and I had to pay full price for repair, also all customer service was in some english office and they didnt give a sh*t.

rant over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tw0nk wrote:
    Word of warning.... expansys are great for price and delivery, but if anything goes wrong with phone you will be in trouble, I had absolutely awful experience with them and will never use them again, over 2 months for phone repair and I had to pay full price for repair, also all customer service was in some english office and they didnt give a sh*t.

rant over :)

true about expansys not giving a sh1t.
    never thought delivery was that great either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Expansys have excellent delivery times, I ordered a memory card and it was at my door in about 18 hours from manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

I ordered a memory card, and it turned out to be too slow when taking video on my 6630, they refunded me with no problems at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have used them many times and found them excellent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Used them plenty of times as well - no hassles so far.
    How and ever - you can get the same phones for even cheaper on the sister site in the US: www.mobileplanet.com - however the danger is that you may be hit with Customs Tax after the package arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have used them many times myself, luckily I have never had a problem. Not always fast delvery tho, but I have had stuff delivered overnight like the OP had. Generally good experience for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I looked into buying two phones from Expansys and neither site have them yet (Not released) but all the other sites are selling them. Disapointed with the customer support, he didnt seem to interested when I called and asked about why they were not selling it yet. *shrrugs*

Iv found Komplett to be much cheaper then pixmania on both phones, incl. delivery.

Advertisement