Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenage boy's hairstyles lately

• 22-08-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Has anyone else noticed that teenage boys seem to be going for hair highlights or the spiked look lately? All looks very "metrosexual". Even the "hardmen" are doing it. It looks like the whole lot of them are going a bit soft.

They'll all probably be hair dressers when they grow up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Yeah have noticed it myself. Does my fupping head in. I mean these so called "hard men" walking around with these big high-maintenance hair cuts which obviously require a lot of work including colouring / straightening and god knows what else.

Its all very "Flock of Seagulls" looking?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Everyone is at it these days!! Its the trend set by golden balls!!

on a seperate note i see how you posts are "111" and the time you posted this at is "11.11"..... made me laugh a little!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,606 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lately? It did dip a bit in popularity but this has been fairly normal since the early 2000s...

I'm not a teenager (just...), often have highlights and usually have my hair spiked but I think I'm also disqualified from being a metrosexual, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Why are mullets making a comeback? The first time I saw one, I thought it was a joke but they're cropping up everywhere now. Sickening. What's next to return, drainpipe jeans and unemployment?

jonny24ie wrote:
    on a seperate note i see how you posts are "111" and the time you posted this at is "11.11".....

OH MY GOD - DEMON POSTER!!!!!!

Drainpipe jeans ARE back - they're just called "skinny" jeans now.

Its all stuck in some kind of time-warp.....80's haircuts and clothing?! Move forward people!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

My bro keeps bleaching the end of his hair but he cuts it himself. He ends up with an unkept surfer look. Kinda suits him though :p

He's REALLy into his clothes tho (handy for me, a lot of hand me ups that are only a few months old :p ) and buys face moisturiser and all that lark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mcauley wrote:
    OH MY GOD - DEMON POSTER!!!!!!

Everyone get the DEMON!!!! :p

Ah its more about the lads out to impress the wimmen these days!!

jonny24ie wrote:

Ah its more about the lads out to impress the wimmen these days!!
    To any women out there - would that impress you?

[chav speak]"Story Luv - heeeer jya kno da my hair probly tuk longer to do than yoooors." [/chav speak]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pfft... Women are out binging and drinking and puking their guts up on the side of the street more than lads are these days. It's a bit of role reversal.

Give it a while longer and guys'll be wearing high heels and miniskirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i noticed it more in the not so distant past and it seemed to fade out a bit but this was actually popping into my head more and more anytime i go out lately. i used to not really think about it but some of them are disgraceful looking. Especially when they get the Dye job... like a Chunk of it goin from the front right down the middle to the Back. Like someone got a paintbrush and attacked them. and i HATE seeing Little Boys with Bleached highlights!! and i mean LITLLE boys. the size of some of the kids ya see with it!! if my Little Brother / nephew asked for highlights and he was under 15 i'd slap him.

Rant over. :D

• Advertisement

LMAO :D

Ya know.... i have been curious on a few occasions. Keep meaning to wear em at Haloween but keep wussing out of it.

...uh oh i've said to much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Does anybody know that poxy head n shoulders ad thats doing the rounds at the moment?This complete and utter wanker with a greasy,brushed-down,motorcycle-helmet-style bowl of grease is described (by a BLOKE) as "just plain gorgeous"!The bloke looks like a complete and utter tosser and the only thing he'd pull round my way with that mullet is a good kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

jonny24ie wrote:
    Everyone is at it these days!! Its the trend set by golden balls!!

on a seperate note i see how you posts are "111" and the time you posted this at is "11.11"..... made me laugh a little!! :p

Do I get a prize for that?

I've often wondered, when I see them, how much time they spend keeping the hair in that condition. When I was that age, I don't think we ever thought about our appearance at all. It wasn't until the late teenage years that some friends started doing the Goth thing or some kind of style. They look like fairies!!

Cant say I've seen it Degsy no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

jonny24ie wrote:
    Its the trend set by golden balls!!

They're not bleaching "down there" too are they :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Has anyone seen the british ad on tv for BT's broadband or phone something or other, the one where the guy is with the woman with kids? The latest one has him in a hairdresser with a son.
    If anyone's seen it it's brilliant, makes me laugh everytime.

Anyway, as for these new fangled hairstyles, why does no one go for ease of maintenance anymore? I never understood how a lad could spend ages at his hair. Wash, bit of gel (maybe) and that's it. LEAVE IT ALONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,606 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Steez wrote:
    Has anyone seen the british ad on tv for BT's broadband or phone something or other, the one where the guy is with the woman with kids? The latest one has him in a hairdresser with a son.

Anyway, as for these new fangled hairstyles, why does no one go for ease of maintenance anymore? I never understood how a lad could spend ages at his hair. Wash, bit of gel (maybe) and that's it. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Thats all you do with the style the OP mentioned. You pay some random bird (at least) 50 quid every two weeks to do the rest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

have to say i used to have a bit of a thing for the poser types up til recently but i just think it gets boring when you're going to places where most the blokes look the same.

• Advertisement

these type of guys would never get loving from myself :)

i'd never be with a guy who highlighted his hair hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭charlesodowd

Degsy wrote:
    Does anybody know that poxy head n shoulders ad thats doing the rounds at the moment?This complete and utter wanker with a greasy,brushed-down,motorcycle-helmet-style bowl of grease is described (by a BLOKE) as "just plain gorgeous"!The bloke looks like a complete and utter tosser and the only thing he'd pull round my way with that mullet is a good kicking.

dude u said it all there, what a complete and utter scrote.
    that ad wrecks my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Short back and sides for the win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

B-K-DzR wrote:
    My bro keeps bleaching the end of his hair but he cuts it himself. He ends up with an unkept surfer look. Kinda suits him though :p

He's REALLy into his clothes tho (handy for me, a lot of hand me ups that are only a few months old :p ) and buys face moisturiser and all that lark.

and do your parents like his boyfriend?

DRakE wrote:

:D

All I've noticed is shaving mostof the head except for the flat bit on top
    looks awful
    Actually yeah! It looks bloody awful, and the grin on the eejit...!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

bluewolf wrote:
    All I've noticed is shaving mostof the head except for the flat bit on top
    looks awful

Actually yeah! It looks bloody awful, and the grin on the eejit...!

FHM magazine are trying to tell us that this is a good look for a hetero bloke,they never really got over the fact that the oasis look fell out of fashion a decade ago.

Short back and sides for the win!
    +1, all those highlights and crap are just gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

There's thousands of little fukcers with ridiculous hair do's, earrings and, for some reason, grey and pink or yellow stripped jumpers around my estate. It's gas.

• Advertisement

Hehe :D

I still think he's trying to convince himself that he's straight either that or he's using her for the transport (quite likely!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Pfft... Women are out binging and drinking and puking their guts up on the side of the street more than lads are these days. It's a bit of role reversal.
    Yeah going out with an average Irish girl these days is like going out with a bloke. I nearly puked recently at home when I saw a row of girls sitting on barstools in Dublin a few months ago. I wish i had a pencil to drop... :)
    Maybe the guys are just trying to take over the role of being tidy and presentable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

As a teenage girl I see a lot of these types, as generally when you're my age you want to have some sort of identity and feel you 'belong', or something.......
    So that's pretty much what I think it is, an identity to assume, a clan to belong to. I really don't get how they think it could be attractive, having more dye and product in their hair than a girl, or maybe they just want to match? :p

Ditch the dye! Oh and long haired men ftw! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Hey, less of the judgementality ;)

I put highlights in my hair last summer and this summer as well. Why? Just for fun, for a change, because I was bored with having my hair looking the same for years on end. €10 in the chemist, and there really isn't any maintenance... only takes 1hour to put them in. I ain't vain, but the highlights have really changed my look and my girlfriend told me the highlights really suit my face and make me look less pale. I like my new look as well :cool: Sure makes a change from my boring old brown... and I'm 27, so I guess it's pretty uncommon among people in this age group? (unless he's a hair dresser hahah)!

But yeah, I get your point about all the kids who are sheepishly following the latest trends. And all those high maintenance cuts are a little ott and girlish. But basic highlights shouldn't be lumped in with these posers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i blame christiano ronaldo for the return of the fagmullet. if you're going to have a mullet be a man about it and get a proper one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Cremo wrote:
    i blame christiano ronaldo for the return of the fagmullet..
    and fernando torres..

its awful what children do if they dont watch the legue of ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Good luck to them, there may come a time when they have no hair left.

Hair is there to be fcuked around with, its right and proper that you have photos of yourself to look back at laugh at the style at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

i go with what i call the hitler look. combed to one side..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

ok here we go the younger point a view since this is like an oap rant session in here oj,

ye but i had me hair easy enough 2 do a while bck but then me mam me i should dye it so i went a head with it then she tells me i should try gellin it a different way,so im goin along with it dont get me wrong b4 i did care about my appearence but not to a big extent but now i have 2 say its nice ta keep up with the style and all the birds like it that way and at the end of the day bck in ur days thats why u went with the style (the new romantics cuts,the george micheal) but ye the only modern/classic style i h8 is the mullet looks like ye tied a brush ta the bck of yer head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

The way I see it self grooming is a female trait.It's ridiculous the amount of hairdressers/beauticians there are at least 4 in my town compared to two shops.p.s the barbers for me, blades and scissors.Arr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well here in Bilbao in Spain the mullet is very much in! EVERYONE has one, men women and children alike!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

I've seen quite a few who resemble this ****er:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48865748

Who'd want to look anything like him?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Niamho! wrote:
    i noticed it more in the not so distant past and it seemed to fade out a bit but this was actually popping into my head more and more anytime i go out lately. i used to not really think about it but some of them are disgraceful looking. Especially when they get the Dye job... like a Chunk of it goin from the front right down the middle to the Back. Like someone got a paintbrush and attacked them. and i HATE seeing Little Boys with Bleached highlights!! and i mean LITLLE boys. the size of some of the kids ya see with it!! if my Little Brother / nephew asked for highlights and he was under 15 i'd slap him.

Rant over. :D
    Haha yeah I saw a black-haired guy with that mullet/spiked top style and he had a magenta strip goin from front to back, it wasn't even straight?!
    Just looks silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

McSandwich wrote:
    I've seen quite a few who resemble this ****er:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=48865748

Who'd want to look anything like him?? :confused:
    Christ, his hair is so freaking whispy and dry. Ive seen him outside the Ambassador trying to sell band tshirts, he needs to condition his hair or its seriously gonna break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Steez wrote:

ha ha ha i love that add too it makes me smile. as for the haircuts they look so silly, and looks like the person would spend more time in front of the mirror than i would ;so that is a big no no for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

haha it's hilarious....wish lads would just get a bit of individuality goin on! Was walking down Grafton St there n noticed one of my friends (a lad) walking along (he didn't see me)...he really could not have stood out more...I swear between his "frosted tips" n he appeared really tanned on his face..I swear he's goin to a tanning salon!!! Tosser! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Teenage boys were doing this about 10 years ago when I was young and in Irish College, only then the young gentlemen were using a product called SunIn or occasionally bleach for the toilet.

I was just looking at one guy the other day and thinking what a flash back it was to 1997, I'm just waiting for then to all start creating "nit traps" with their fringes.

Advertisement