Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the highest spec DVD player...

• 22-08-2007 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a top of the range DVD player. Doesn't need to be a writer.
    Ideally looking for:
    HDMI and component out - HDMI can just upscale.
    Ref monitor out (displays the play time on the output signal)
    Ability to play DVD-R and DVD+R and just about anything else.

Any suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

top of the range DVD players are (I imagine) Arcam or Primare. Ring Cloney Audio... afaik they're the only stockists. I hope you have deep and full pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Cheers for that. Had a look at those.
    I think Im going to take a closer look at this though:
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/45/117/510/DVD-V8000/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

any top of the range consumer product (anything from cloney audio etc...) won't do the time output feature you're looking for.

for the player to output the time on a separate monitor, you need a professional player. the best ones are Pioneer (as you've mentioned) or JVC

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

big_moe wrote:
    any top of the range consumer product .... won't do the time output feature you're looking for.
    Ah... I hadn't spotted that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 digitaltheatre

High end dvd players come at hefty prices €2000 + but unless you have the right monitor screen to play them on its pretty pointless going for anything above the likes of DENON's 2930.

If you really want get a dvd player that is going to give you good imagery then look at SDI modification to existing players. with that there is no concern over colourspace, HDCP or badly designed DAC's (digital to analogue convertors) in your chosen machine.

so you could actually spend money more wisely on a sdi modded dvd with something like a lumegen scaler and get lots more bang for your buck..

hope that useful to you.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

If you really want get a dvd player that is going to give you good imagery then look at SDI modification to existing players. with that there is no concern over colourspace, HDCP or badly designed DAC's (digital to analogue convertors) in your chosen machine.

Good call on that, I would also go along those lines, if you want to get the material off the disc to the screen with as little artifacts as possible its the way to go.

Advertisement