Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, got rid of 3 today, now I'm wondering...

Options
  • 22-08-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

If eircom still charges double for it's ISDN dual channel when you're under the fixed price package.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yes, you use your allowance of flat rate hours up at twice the speed whn 2 channels are open. Other flat rate operators only allow one channel open at a time so check !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And no-one does true flat rate. It's all time limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

Rosie.. here's one someone told me..

Get isdn installed..... Eircom have to give you a good line that is capable of data.... once it's installed that line will be ADSL capable... then get ADSL installed on the new line...

I haven't tried it.. cause I'm not gonna be here for long enough to get it all installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

And the cost to get isdn installed in the first place is very high. But if he is willing to do that to get BB well go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ianblyth wrote:
    Rosie.. here's one someone told me..

Get isdn installed..... Eircom have to give you a good line that is capable of data.... once it's installed that line will be ADSL capable... then get ADSL installed on the new line...

I haven't tried it.. cause I'm not gonna be here for long enough to get it all installed.

The only problem with that is that Eircom have been known to tell the applicant that their line is not suitable for ISDN and that they can't install it!

You also can't do a proper braodband line test with ISDN, you have to downgrade the line to analogue first. Any tests you run will say 'line not suitable for broadband'.
    Sponge_Bob wrote:
    Yes, you use your allowance of flat rate hours up at twice the speed whn 2 channels are open. Other flat rate operators only allow one channel open at a time so check !!

Not with Eircom. Their flat rate runs on both lines for the number of hours (150). Up until last week when I eventually got braodband (Way Hay!) I was on that service and that's the way it runs. BT and others though can't actually support a flat rate package on two lines, only Eircom seemingly. I know....., I've tried......., Many times :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement