Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking News

Options
  • 22-08-2007 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Breaking News from the BBC has reported that Sevilla coach Juande Ramos rejected an offer from spurs and is quoted saying 'They made an excellent, dizzying offer, but I'm under contract to Sevilla and my decision is to fulfil it,' said Ramos.

If this is true how can BMJ be level headed and run the team to a winning position knowing the board made an offer for a replacement behind his back?

It seems to me reading the actual quotes that his agent met someone who said they represented Spurs and made the offer. Now either the board lied in their statement on club website this morning or someone has gone behind their back - either way someone's head has to roll!...One has to feel sorry for BMJ in all this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

BERBA wrote:
    Breaking News from the BBC has reported that Sevilla coach Juande Ramos rejected an offer from spurs and is quoted saying 'They made an excellent, dizzying offer, but I'm under contract to Sevilla and my decision is to fulfil it,' said Ramos.

If this is true how can BMJ be level headed and run the team to a winning position knowing the board made an offer for a replacement behind his back?

It seems to me reading the actual quotes that his agent met someone who said they represented Spurs and made the offer. Now either the board lied in their statement on club website this morning or someone has gone behind their back - either way someone's head has to roll!...One has to feel sorry for BMJ in all this.

It's not quite breaking as it's been in the papers all morning and this may have been better added to the Super thread but your very right. It is embarrasing I feel for even us as supporters that our club is clearly lying by making out all they were looking for all along was a talk with BMJ. They also said the reason they took so long to publically back MJ was they don't like to respond to speculation.... making it all sound very casual when really we know now it was because Ramos had told them to go take a running jump. Very unfair to MJ and I feel these are dangerous times for Spurs and we really need to rally around our manager and make him feel wanted or there could be disasterous consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I agree, I can see a really bad season for us now, Injuries, bad blood in the boardroom, spurs players uneasy - And Man U and Arse in next 3 weeks - it is just all bad news. I predict BML will be gone in a month, why would he stay where he is not wanted (Holland want him). And then things will go from bad to worse - I think we will be lucky with a euro finish.......and it all looked so promising, F\/c€ing Board!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

of course, a point at man utd and anfield, and maybe a win at WHL against arsenal, and a cuolpe of wins against fulham and whoever else we are playing in the next 6 weeks, and this will be forgotten history.

14 points out of 18 in next 6 games is doable, and is CL place form. id even settle for 12 points, 4 wins and 2 loses, or 3 wins a 3 draws would suit me either way (but id prefer to start taking points off the big 4.)

Advertisement