Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zakynthos

• 22-08-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

I'm goin at the end of september. I'm staying in the cactus apartments in Lagaas. Has anyone got any tips or recommendations? Any nice Restaurants, Clubs or day trips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Don't go on the daytrip that involves seeing a "shipwreck" its ****e. They make it seem that it's some pirate wreck when in fact it's a wreck from some tanker that washed up in the 60's, and they made a beach around it. With stones basically that are impossible to walk on.

There's a steak house in Lagas that's very good as well, the beach their is lovely as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

I'm goin at the end of september. I'm staying in the cactus apartments in Lagaas. Has anyone got any tips or recommendations? Any nice Restaurants, Clubs or day trips?

Just came back from there the other day. Dunno what razorblunt is talking about, we went on the criuse around the island and thought it was good, you can go swimming off the boat or snorkling if you have the gear only €22 for trip from 930 to 5. Its really hot there at the moment, but barable, probably because we didnt see the sun until after 3 most days hit the forties most days.

Definately go to the scuba centre on the beach. The places is called eurodivers, they are above a bar on the right side of the beach, just look for their sign. It was excellant they take you on a boat to an island few miles off shore, and its only €45. Ive been scuba diving 4 times before and this was definately the best, and it was the cheapest aswell.

Clubs are brilliant. People were sayin it was fairly quite when we were there, so it might be quiter in september but there are so many clubs and pubs clubs there you bound to some hopping ones. Good ones were Cocktail & dreams, Rescue, cherry bay, Zero. Good few other ones but sant remember the names.

Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's three or four different island tours, I didn't say they were all bad just this one. The tour I went on involved swimming for twenty minutes and sitting on your arse for 6 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Just came back from there the other day. Dunno what razorblunt is talking about, we went on the criuse around the island and thought it was good, you can go swimming off the boat or snorkling if you have the gear only €22 for trip from 930 to 5. Its really hot there at the moment, but barable, probably because we didnt see the sun until after 3 most days hit the forties most days.

Definately go to the scuba centre on the beach. The places is called eurodivers, they are above a bar on the right side of the beach, just look for their sign. It was excellant they take you on a boat to an island few miles off shore, and its only €45. Ive been scuba diving 4 times before and this was definately the best, and it was the cheapest aswell.

Clubs are brilliant. People were sayin it was fairly quite when we were there, so it might be quiter in september but there are so many clubs and pubs clubs there you bound to some hopping ones. Good ones were Cocktail & dreams, Rescue, cherry bay, Zero. Good few other ones but sant remember the names.

Have fun
    thanks for the info. I was just looking at the diving myself. I've been twice and loved it so im defo gonna go this time cos it seems really cheap compared to the other places ive done

thanks again

Advertisement