Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate Flooring

Options
  • 22-08-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Laminate Flooring

Hi, we are finishing the refurbishing of the ground floor in our house and at the moment recknoning to put down Laminate Floor.

Do you know where is the best place to buy this?
    We’ve checked at Woodies and B&Q but seems they don’t have a great variety.

Also, do you think it’s possible to get the skirting to match with the floor?
    Definitely we will need skirting coz we have some loose cables and wires that we want to hide.

Cheers, Marc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Bargain Town...

We just got our Bedroom redone ,( it had laminate Floor on it ) and We got bargain town to put down a harvest oak colour floor And skirting boards that matched it , 14x12 room supplied and fitted 650 yoyos. Two Polish guys did it in the space of a couple of hours ( working for Bargain Town), even fitted the skirting board Around radiator Pipes and made a top for the extended skirting board and left a great finish, I was dead impressed, Would diffo recommend , we shall be getting them back before xmas to do the Sitting room and halls,

:)

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BrazilianNutter

Thanks Dark,

My wife wants the laminate floor to match with our new kitchen “Walnut Shaker”, so I’d give preference to a walnut colour floor.
    I will definitely check BargainTown.
    Also today I will visit some shops around Malahide road area. I live in Donaghmede.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Homebase, top of Santry Lane - turn right.

Also a very important question:

All my downstairs rooms are unlevelled which means that I’ll have to use different thickness of underlay in all of them.
    Anyone got any idea of which overlay to use?
    One of the rooms I’ve to raise about 1 ½ inches!!!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Plywood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

is each room level but at a different level than others or is each individual room unlevel?

If its the second, is it a flat slope of bumpy and lumpy?

GreeBo wrote:
    is each room level but at a different level than others or is each individual room unlevel?

If its the second, is it a flat slope of bumpy and lumpy?
    Each room is level but at a different level thant the others.

There's no slope, lump or any other barrier.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

then I would just build it all up to the highest level with plywood or hardboard or something
    I'd put damp proofing down everywhere first though

Advertisement