Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chours Broadband

Options
  • 22-08-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

At the moment Im with UTV for phone and Broadband. No problems. I now have the option to go with Chorus for cable Broadband (North Dublin)

Has anyone any experience with them ? Do you think its a good move ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RobertaBlueEyes

DinoBot wrote:
    I now have the option to go with Chorus for cable Broadband (North Dublin)

Has anyone any experience with them ? Do you think its a good move ?

Dunno, but I'll be interested to see the responses you get, as I'm thinkin' bout the same move myself.

If you look at the poll results so far (I know it's early days yet) it's a mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I used them in munster. Never had any issues, and speeds were excellent. I am now on 3 broadband (if you use that term) and i long for the days when i got proper broadband speeds from Chorus. Hopefully someday a real broadband service will come to our rural village....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

damoz wrote:
    I used them in munster. Never had any issues, and speeds were excellent. I am now on 3 broadband (if you use that term) and i long for the days when i got proper broadband speeds from Chorus. Hopefully someday a real broadband service will come to our rural village....
    last time i spoke to them they had a download cap which is pretty much out the window. anyone know if they enforce this?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

adnans wrote:
    last time i spoke to them they had a download cap which is pretty much out the window. anyone know if they enforce this?

Are you speaking about Chorus or 3 ?

I just spoke with Chorus and they said they have no way for you to monitor how much you have downloaded BUT they charge 3c/M downloaded over your limit ?

Anyone know about this ???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

afaik Chorus have always had a download cap, 40GB last time I looked

I'd suggest check there website or call them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement